Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang > 4.6L General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
vertmustang98gt
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: Anything Blue Oval
Send a message via AIM to vertmustang98gt
Default Window Tint Law (Ohio)

My buddy owns a 2004 Cobra and he got pulled over today by a local cop and his tint on the front windows is too dark. He bought the car from a Florida owner so it was legal there, but not in Ohio. My question to all of you is, if he did get collector plates, would he be exempt from such tint laws? I found that he would be exempt from e-check with collectors plates. I believe I read somewhere some time ago that collectors car also had tint law exemptions, but I can't seem to find the information. Thank you!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

2013 2.0 EB Fusion SE - DD
1986 Vert Mustang GT 302 Carb
vertmustang98gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
99texasGT
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 1999 ford mustang gt

This may help...

http://www.autowindowtinting.com/ind...lay&pageID=108
Old 05-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #3
Ron505
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2002 Mustang GT Convertible

I'm not sure why the law would be different for anything with a film tint, but I do not know for sure.

I've been debating on how dark I want to go. I just don't want to be pulled over specifically for that. I've been thinking 35% on the sides, and 20% on the rear.

What does your buddy have on his? So was he in Columbus? Was it Columbus City, or another jurisdiction?
Ron505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:51 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2012, 98, cars, collector, law, laws, legal, minnesota, mustang, ohio, side, tint, tinting, window, www