4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

having an issue cliffk

Old 05-12-2012, 07:41 PM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

Default having an issue cliffk

Ok so i just finished installing my ford gt pump, and i did my own pprv delete. Everything seemed to go good. Except that i broke the seal on the filler neck now i have to go buy and do one of those, which not sure how hard that really is, but anyway.

So heres the issue. Now it was running pretty good, but i notice that it hesitates at around 3800 in neutral, which is where my 2 step is, but then it just blows right past it, so really other than a hick up its acting like its not there, which concerns me since i didnt do anything to the program. and i tried to data log and told me maf voltage is not available, im pretty sure im monitored that before, maf count is available just not voltage. Any ideas as to what in the heck i might have done?

edit: it also still has that in and out light miss/hesitation that i never fixed, but im pretty sure now that its old cop/boots
Old 05-12-2012, 09:01 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Originally Posted by Bman2000
Ok so i just finished installing my ford gt pump, and i did my own pprv delete. Everything seemed to go good. Except that i broke the seal on the filler neck now i have to go buy and do one of those, which not sure how hard that really is, but anyway.

So heres the issue. Now it was running pretty good, but i notice that it hesitates at around 3800 in neutral, which is where my 2 step is, but then it just blows right past it, so really other than a hick up its acting like its not there, which concerns me since i didnt do anything to the program. and i tried to data log and told me maf voltage is not available, im pretty sure im monitored that before, maf count is available just not voltage. Any ideas as to what in the heck i might have done?

edit: it also still has that in and out light miss/hesitation that i never fixed, but im pretty sure now that its old cop/boots
If your two-step is set to 3800 rpm that should be the fastest the engine should run in neutral? Is your two-step set up in the tune or are you using an external MSD or other box?

If it's in the tune what parameters did you use? Typically the MPH/Disable Neutral Rev Limiter scalar is set top 0.5 mph, so if you are moving at all the limiter will choke a bit then bypass...
Old 05-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

now that you mention it, when i go hard on the gas the mph gauge jumps? why would it be doing that? it would explain why im going past the 2 step. it has been working though until just today. and yea its in the tune, of course i cant adjust any of the useful tune parameters.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:29 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

"it has been working though until just today"

The obvious question is what has changed/been changed/worn out/failed between yesterday and today?

If you had a low-level tuning system you could tweak the MPH/Disable Neutral Rev Limiter value up a bit...
Old 05-13-2012, 12:16 AM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

well now i have a whole different issue, car died on me, so im guessing i blew a line off the pump....not happy about that, so other issues will wait for the moment. Ill let you know what i find. Im thinking it might be a loose ground or something. i also think that since i started making this a hobby car and not driving it everyday its turned into a heap of junk that needs to be treated like a hobby car instead of a reliable dd...kinda a bummer, cuz it was a great everyday car
Old 05-13-2012, 09:13 PM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

ok cliff heres a good one for you. i blew what i would call the return line hose which is why my car died. for all i know it was leaking and causing my other issues. But i have a question. So i understand how the pprv works sorta. so i deleted it, and when i ran the new line i ran it to the only thing i know how to call it is the return hole in that plastic cup. I think i get the purpose of the second line, being there to allow a back up in pressure not to be put directly on the fuel pump right? so if thats the case, is there a metered hole at the bottom of the plastic cup that holds the fuel pump? if so is it metered? cuz im looking at it thinking im gonna have a hard time getting this line to stay on that tiny plastic nipple, but if i could just tee off the main line and then stick a metered hole fitting in it then it could just float around not causing me greif....im hoping you can follow what im saying. what do you think?