Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang > 4.6L General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-23-2012, 09:18 AM   #11
02GTman
3rd Gear Member

I never knew that color existed. The more I look at those pics the more I like it. Sharp car!!!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
02GTman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:22 AM   #12
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 07 GT500 07 GT vert

@ 02gman - They only made this color in '97 and it was really limited. It spawned a lot of the other orange colors that we see even today. As this is our 2nd autumn orange, I am very glad we found it. Once it's all done, I'll get some really good pics to show the color better.

Day 4 Dropped off the front seats to get reupholstered. Back seat will not be done at this point. We're going to cover it and let the dog ride back there Yes. My dog will ride in the convertible Mustang.

Day 5 I came home with the best intentions, but then the Shiner Bock started calling my name from the fridge and since I'm on call starting today and through Memorial Day, I figured I'd better answer that call last night. Also, new carpet, new switches (windows/locks/convertible/headlight), and cupholder all came in.

Day 6 up at 5 and pulled out the old carpet and started pulling the passenger door panel, but not enough room in the garage to get it out and too early to mess with it in the driveway.

Power for the seat belt latch routing
Click the image to open in full size.
Labeling cables
Loose carpet panel in weird spot...
Interplay between rear seat latches and carpet
Carpet is out
Passenger panel ready to be lifted out.

wcgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:08 AM   #13
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Day 7 saw the arrival of more parts. Door panels came in and while the passenger side was Mach 460, the drivers side was not, so it's not usable without some modifications. I have emailed the seller and will call them to inform them of the snafu, but my anticipation is this will put the project back a week easily unless the seller is willing to cross ship.

I decided to ordered a new steering wheel as the existing one is just worn out and sad looking. I've tried to get one of the guys here on the forums who said he had a tan steering wheel to sell me his but I've waited like a good 2 weeks and he's never sent the pics, so hence the order of the new one. No biggie. In the end it will look brand new and not slightly used

Installed the passenger door panel and started the carpet install. Im probably 60% of the way through the carpet install too. Its not a bad job but its time consuming. I've never done it before and I knew there'd be lots of cutting and trimming. Make sure if you do it you have a really good pair of scissors. I'm really liking the rich color and this carpet is the stuff you get from LMR.

Here a pic of the console. I have a few minor things to do on it, but very pleased how this turned out. I pulled this from a donor in the junk yard. It was covered in glass and a some liquid with stains all over, but it's really cleaned up well and is going to look great.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #14
stevednmc
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Mustang GT Vert

Wow! Nice car and nice work thus far!
Steeda CAI/ Borla Catback/Magnaflow Catted X/Mach1 Grille delete,chin spoiler/Brenspeed tune/Billet handles, switches, trim ring,Fuel door/Smoked Halo headlights with HID/Smoked LED taillights,3rd Brakelight,fogs/Simco gauges/AC overlay/tinted sidemarkers/BBKTB/trickflow plenum/riser/FRPP shift ****/24lb injectors/4.10's/Koni Shocks/Vogtland Springs/MGW Short shifter/Styling Bar
stevednmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #15
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevednmc View Post
Wow! Nice car and nice work thus far!
Thank you!

Old 05-25-2012, 06:42 PM   #16
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Door cups that fit within the door panel came in today. Also, instead of dealing with a bunch of BS cross shipping, paypal, etc...I decided to mod the door panel that they sent me for the drivers side that was wrong. It took about 3 hours trying to be extra careful and I got it modified for the mach 460 door speaker and it looks stock. If you ever have to do this, the top part of the Mach speaker does come off leaving the bottom cup. It makes it much much easier to figure out where you need to keep trimming. And if you start from the start instead of doing like me and figuring that out the last 15 minutes, you'll be knocking it out in no time!

Passenger door...COMPLETE! First job that is 100%!

Just a view from over the back

Drivers side door...COMPLETE!

I also got some more parts in today but havent opened them. I think they are the seat belt loops over the seats and the plastic bezel for the power controls.

Old 05-26-2012, 02:09 AM   #17
02GTman
3rd Gear Member

Looking good, nice job!
02GTman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:01 PM   #18
luke1333
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2003 DSG Mach 1 10k Miles
Luke Wooldridge XxESCxXLUKE1333

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcgman View Post
yeah - the fanblades arent going on.
aw shucks!
Old 05-26-2012, 11:21 PM   #19
wcgman
5th Gear Member

lol...so the new keys and remotes came today. My wife was the one who insisted on the gutting and new part or near new replacements of everything. All she had to do was order the keys and remotes. Well the keys are fine. Blanks of course but no problem there. The remotes...used and kinda nasty. So she's going to send them back She just ordered new ones. lol

Old 05-26-2012, 11:34 PM   #20
wcgman
5th Gear Member

And I just ordered a new cylinder with new keys (she got the fobs). Figured easier than dealing with having the new keys cut and probably cheaper altogether too.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:34 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1995, 1997, 2000, 46, boss, cluster, controls, drivers, gt, lead, mustang, orange, parts, photos, power, seat, wire