4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

97 Autumn Orange restoration

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 12:42 PM
Doyon
3rd Gear Member

Normally I am not a convertible fan, but this is really starting to grow on me haha. Great work your doing! Keep it up.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:09 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Finished installing the carpet and center console this morning. Little bit more tweaking to do, but its getting there quickly! New steering wheel (OEM) and newly upholstered seats will be done this week! Should be back on the road by Friday The pics are going to show when I started to when I finished including putting the floor mats down.

Going to need to work this carpet in the back a little better

This is the old carpet. The lighter spot is what the color was originally. Pretty nasty!

Console installed.

With new floor mats in the car.

I dont think there's much left to do. Once Im done I'll get some real pics not from a cell phone!
Old 05-28-2012, 03:03 PM
stevednmc
3rd Gear Member

Great job on the resurrection! Where did you get the carpet?
Old 05-28-2012, 03:13 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Carpet was from Late Model Restoration and was about 130 I think. It was totally worth every penny and so far the best purchase in the project. The floor mats locally were 125 just themselves!
Old 05-28-2012, 05:16 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

I just finished testing SEM interior paint for a match on my saddle tan interior for the parts that cannot be replaced readily. It can be seen here...https://mustangforums.com/forum/deta...ml#post7952904
Old 05-30-2012, 05:17 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Yesterday I came home after getting temporary tags and 3 hours at the DMV and found a new present from UPS Claus. Rewrapped steering wheel The rewrapped leather part was fine. The vinyl part of the wheel and everything else was kinda nasty so I spent about an hour cleaning it up. Today I pulled the old steering wheel and mounted the new one. Here's the action

Oh no! How am I gonna drive this thing?! hehe

This is some bad wear and tear. Looks like maybe old steering wrap was used and peeled off at some point tearing the leather to shreds.

Another pic of the old one.

Last pic of the old one.

Oh yeah baby. Smoooooooth as a buttuh...

Night and day improvement!

So here's the cool part. I didnt tell my wife this showed up. It was bothering her worse than anything about the car. I took the nasty old wheel, wrapped it up in the shipping box and put it on the counter. When she gets home tonight, I'm going to tell her she can open it because I've been opening all the new stuff and she hasnt had any fun. This should be a blast
Old 05-31-2012, 08:31 PM
02GTman
3rd Gear Member

Those charcoal door cups look wayyyyy better. Looks awesome.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:58 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 02GTman
Those charcoal door cups look wayyyyy better. Looks awesome.
Thanks! I appreciate the feedback guys. My fingers are crossed that the seats will be done today. They are going to look awesome.

The last thing Im looking for is new seat belt receivers. The old ones are pretty janky but Im having zero luck running new ones down.

PS - The look on my wife's face was classic when she opened the "new" steering wheel box and the ratty old one was in there. For a second I thought she might have crapped her pants.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:51 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

85 to 95% done depending on how you look at it...I'm going to get the rear seat re done too, but I can drive without backseats. Couple of other little things to be done, but finally was able to get out and drive this! My wife and I drove for about 3 hours tonight.

And here's the action baby I'll get some better quality pics as these are from the cell and using the flash too, so these pics are pretty lacking, but you get the idea.

And they are SUPER comfortable.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:27 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Very Nice!

Quick Reply: 97 Autumn Orange restoration