4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

buying a mustang this weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 07:41 PM
xjoeyc23x

Default buying a mustang this weekend!

So I am more than likely buying a mustang this weekend for my good buddy who is stationed over seas. He does not know much about them and neither do i, so i look to you guys for some knowledge lol... this is the one we are currently looking at and the price is right around where he wants to be... Thoughts?

http://providence.craigslist.org/cto/3012375410.html
Old 05-23-2012, 11:46 PM
xjoeyc23x

100 plus views and no thoughts?!
Old 05-24-2012, 05:38 AM
tko oliver

i love it!! decnt price really for how clean it is....alot of guys on here dont leave replies unless there is something negative they can say...but some dont...big fan of the verts with the style bar!!! i would like to get my hands on a 99-04 vert!
Old 05-24-2012, 06:57 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Looks to be in good shape -
However two things come to mind when I read that ad...
1) why is it written like an infomercial
2) these motors last forever, what made the previous motor blow? And explain the "pro built" motor?
3) longtubes/full exhaust - was the car previously supercharged? Did the body get its *** kicked by previous owner (drivetrain)

You can take a good look at a Tbone by looking up a bulls *** but wouldnt you rather take a butchers word for it?
What I mean is - if the car were so great it would sell itself. No need for the dramatic bullshllt Ad.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:50 AM
Shredder505
2nd Gear Member

I'd want to see more pics before i bought it, but if you do, i must say, nice color choice
Old 05-24-2012, 09:20 AM
kj4kym
1st Gear Member

Looks good but its just a picture... and 99% of the time and highly modded car is a car that someone has drove the dog **** out of... just make sure you check it out really really good before you drop 8k
Old 05-24-2012, 09:32 AM
Jensgt

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
Looks to be in good shape -
However two things come to mind when I read that ad...
1) why is it written like an infomercial
2) these motors last forever, what made the previous motor blow? And explain the "pro built" motor?
3) longtubes/full exhaust - was the car previously supercharged? Did the body get its *** kicked by previous owner (drivetrain)

You can take a good look at a Tbone by looking up a bulls *** but wouldnt you rather take a butchers word for it?
What I mean is - if the car were so great it would sell itself. No need for the dramatic bullshllt Ad.
I am with him it seems like seller is a little over enthusiastic and maybe because they are hiding something?
Old 05-24-2012, 09:40 AM
Shredder505
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jensgt
I am with him it seems like seller is a little over enthusiastic and maybe because they are hiding something?
this... make sure before you even drop a dime on this car, you have it checked out by a professional mechanic that you know and trust, a car like this is usually always hiding a deep dark secret
Old 05-24-2012, 10:19 AM
xjoeyc23x

thanks for the replies guys! he said all the work was done by his neighbor who apparently is Mike Dez of Dez Racing in Seekonk Mass.
http://dezracing.net/

He said this is his 12th or so mustang hes worked on/owned and he also told me he has paperwork for everything that was done with the car. Also I was told the car was bought cheap with a seized engine, and thats why the 2004 engine was put int.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:48 AM
tko oliver

haha tommy boy quote, lol!! the car looks good, but im sure you know already to check it out mechanically right??

Quick Reply: buying a mustang this weekend!