4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Laser Red 00 GT Build Up

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 08:01 PM
motorman524
MF Informant

Went with an SCT tuner and tunes for life. I bought the tuner/gear combo. Haven't installed the gears yet, but I love the 93 octane race tune.

Last edited by motorman524; 10-02-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:42 PM
scooter3
4th Gear Member

Good job man! Nice to see you are getting it put back together. Mine was a little beat up when I got it too. Left in the AZ sun for 7 years, not driven for almost 6 months. Cats living underneath and in the engine bay and spiders inside and underneath. Picked it up for a good price. Here is a little more motivation for you. Keep up the good work.

When I first saw it.

Almost 3 years later.

Old 06-25-2012, 12:32 PM
wolverine8490
3rd Gear Member

Nice looking ride, and I love the fact hat you picked it up in bad shape and are putting it back together. I am currently restoring my first Edge as well. I picked up a 2002 sonic blue. Kid bought it when it was really nice. Beat the crap out of it and ended up blowing the motor. He then started parting it out. Took the seats, headlights, tail lights, engine and trans out. Pulled all the wiring as well.

If I could just find the time to pull the drive train out of my old car so I can drop it into the new, I would be set.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:12 PM
motorman524
MF Informant

scooter, That's a very nice car you have now man, great work!! I'm really serious dude, NICE RIDE! I'd like to see a couple more before pics if you have em'. Mind if I ask what you gave for it? I thought I got a nice deal on mine at 3k. My problems are mostly cosmetic, a few mechanical pieces need replaced and some things are worn, but the car is sound. I'd drive it anywhere, once I rebuild the calipers

wolverine, Sounds like quite a project you have goin dude. Kind of reminds me of my 5 year Fox project. Do you have any pics of the progress? I'd love to see pics if you have any. Feel free to post them up here, I don't mind.

It seems to me that the SN cars are going to end up like the Foxes, used, abused, chopped up and parted. That's why I wanted to stake my claim in a New Edge car now, before most of them go to hell. I'd love to buy a mint fox, but for the money, it makes sense to just buy a newer Stang.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:25 PM
speedkills
3rd Gear Member

Looks good. This thread is motivating me to put some effort into my gt. Keep up the good work.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:07 AM
wolverine8490
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by motorman524
wolverine, Sounds like quite a project you have goin dude. Kind of reminds me of my 5 year Fox project. Do you have any pics of the progress? I'd love to see pics if you have any. Feel free to post them up here, I don't mind.
Well, so far I have not had time to do much with it. Here are a couple pics.

These were the car when I picked it up. battery had leaked and caused some rust issues...

After grinding, sanding, and cleaning, I re-painted under the hood. The pic does not do it justice as I used my phone and it sucks in dark conditions.

Bought a new gauge cluster for it. I dig the factory boost. Trying to eliminate some of the aftermarket gauges.

And here is the drivetrain that will be dropped in. Hopefully starting this weekend.

Still have lots of work ahead. Have to track down a few parts like the radiator cover, inner fenders and COP's. But I hope to have it on the road in the next month or so.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:48 PM
motorman524
MF Informant

^^ Wow man, you have lots of work ahead of you!! It amazes me what sort of condition the previous owners let these cars fall into. Do you have a build thread on here or another site? I'd like to keep up with you're progress! I love build up threads.

Here is what I got in the mail today 3:73s are on the way.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:04 AM
scooter3
4th Gear Member

Those are going to sound great and you will love the new gears~
Old 07-05-2012, 04:23 PM
wolverine8490
3rd Gear Member

^^ Wow man, you have lots of work ahead of you!! It amazes me what sort of condition the previous owners let these cars fall into. Do you have a build thread on here or another site? I'd like to keep up with you're progress! I love build up threads.

No I don't have a build thread or anything. I may make one here before to long. Been to hot where I live to mes with it. I have a huge garage but no a/c lol.

Its sad how most young kids do not appriciate anything anymore. I blame it on the parents though. Just buy them anything they want. I built the first car I drove when I turned 16. I have ALWAYS appriciated everything I have had and taken great care of it.

My 2 boys will learn to take care of things. If they don't, I will bu ythem the cheapest crap I can just to get them by lol.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:19 PM
motorman524
MF Informant

It's been too stinkin hot to do anything to the car lately. I really wanted to go out and put in my new gears this weekend, that didn't happen so I decided to do something in the A/C. I didn't want to cough up $60 for a gauge pod, so I decided to make one myself. Check it out.

I still have room for two more, one of which will be a boost gauge in the future I thought it came out pretty good and for a fraction of the price.

I've got a few other parts on the way. The TKO swap is the next thing on my list, so I'm working towards that. Picked up a Lakewood bell off Corral Friday night for a pretty good deal. Hopefully I'll get the gears in and possibly exhaust or my FLSFC's in next weekend.

Quick Reply: Laser Red 00 GT Build Up