4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Mach1 or bucket racing seats. Any suggestions?

Old 06-01-2012, 09:30 PM
supermario
2nd Gear Member

How much do the typical Mach seats go for? I have leather seats and I want cloth. I was thinking of having the center part changed out to suede leather.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:25 AM
Shae04GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MCxQubed
i have no experience, but from reading earlier threads about seats, everyone says that you should sit in them before you buy them so maybe find a dealer around you so you could sit in some of the models you were thinking about before you buy them. Seats are a big thing and you have to use them every time you drive so make sure that you love them before you buy a new set. Good luck!
Exactly man Iv sat in numerous Mach seats and I love them
But I love the way racing seats look. But that's a matter of ordering them and payin a grand and gambling if theyre guna be comfy or ****ty lol. So far I'm goin with some Mach's
Old 06-02-2012, 07:09 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by antivenom
racing seats are for ricers
Actually, race seats are for race cars. You have that backwards.

Race seats are fixed back and usually aluminum with a cloth cover. (IE: Kirky)

I believe the OP is refering to 'sport' style seats - which are light weight and offer much more support than factory seats (IE: Recaro, Corbeau, Cobra, Sparco etc....).

Which ones are you trying to compare to Mach 1 seats? What kind of budget do you have?
Old 06-02-2012, 07:45 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

^ Exactly!

Not sure about the early SN95 seats and the later Cobra seats, but the NE GT ones are the WORST SEATS OF ALL TIME! Absolutley ZERO support for anything but a fat *** to sit in a parking lot. Now.... turn the wheel at anything over 1 MPH and you slide into the door or become a passenger in your own car

Seats were my first mod and cannot be secure behind the wheel in that piece of crap that was OEM in my ride
Old 06-02-2012, 10:54 AM
school boy
5th Gear Member

heres the website. i paid right around that price listed.
http://www.corbeau.com/products/fixed_back_seats/forza/
Old 06-02-2012, 01:48 PM
Shae04GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JRad405
Depends on which seats like my race seats recline which is great and my back doesnt hurt anymore when I take a long drive. are u getting a deal on the Mach 1 seats?
nah im guna have to order them for whatever price they have them for. il try and find the best deal but im thinkin theyl be easily over a grand for two
Old 06-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Shae04GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by LilRoush
Actually, race seats are for race cars. You have that backwards.

Race seats are fixed back and usually aluminum with a cloth cover. (IE: Kirky)

I believe the OP is refering to 'sport' style seats - which are light weight and offer much more support than factory seats (IE: Recaro, Corbeau, Cobra, Sparco etc....).

Which ones are you trying to compare to Mach 1 seats? What kind of budget do you have?
Really just the sparco seats and similar styles, with the cut outs for the 5point harness. I like the way the black ones look but I'm also a big fan of the Mach seats. The only downfall with the Mach one seats is that they hug my sides pretty tight so I feel like on long drives Itl get uncomfortable. But Iv never sat in the "racing" style seats so it could be way worse than a little bit of a tight fit. I was thinking of doing front black racing seats with rear leather Mach 1 seats.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Shae04GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by supermario
How much do the typical Mach seats go for? I have leather seats and I want cloth. I was thinking of having the center part changed out to suede leather.
I'm pretty sure they go for around 600 a seat. And yea my other mustang has cloth but I love leather seats. Mine are grey at the moment but I'm really wanting black. If u like the suede leather I know there's cobra seats that are made like that. With suede in the middle with leather around it