4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

ebay smoked headlights review

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 05:12 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Default ebay smoked headlights review

Well last week I placed an order for the smoked headlights off ebay for 80 shipped. not sure what i'd end up getting, got them today and they actually look great, practically identical to my buddies car who has the ones off am for almost double the price. I'm sealing them up with some silicone to prevent moisture from getting inside(i think this is what a lot of people skip and why a lot of people say they leak so fast). but anyways i'll have pics up later tonight of them sealed and on the car, then wednesday it's saposed to storm all day so we'll see how they hold up to the rain and i'll update the thread. I figure even if i get one or two seasons out of them they'll be worth the price so stay tuned for pics.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Luke13
2nd Gear Member

I'm pretty sure I bought the same ones you did. I sealed them with the silicone, installed them, and they fit up nicely.

On the other hand, after about 6 months they started to peel and flake. Wasn't the tint, just looked like a clear coat was coming off. Didnt bother me too much but decided to replace them when I had the money. Caught the smoked ones off AM on sale, got them, sealed them, and haven't had any problem with them in the past year. My new GT has the same exact ones off AM and I think they've been installed for a couple years, look in great shape....

All that being said.. It's going to depend on how much you drive, driving conditions, and how much time you need to feel like you got your moneys worth. Overall in my opinion I got my money's worth, and I'd probably still be using them of I hadnt got those off AM on sale (actually thought they would be lighter tint, but darker than I wanted).
Old 06-05-2012, 12:49 PM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

Yeah I got mine from stang mods, and they started to peeling after about 3 years in Texas weather. I may try my luck on eBay headlights since I can park the car in the garage now
Old 06-05-2012, 01:58 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

I'm coming into this knowing they're not gonna last forever so I won't be let down. But here's a couple pics, still need to get some better ones tho.

Old 06-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Doyon
3rd Gear Member

Those look great! Did you have to do any modifications to get the headlights to fit? I have boughten a few for my truck and all of them I had to do minor to major modifications just so they fit.

May have to pick up a pair if they're simple.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:56 PM
StockD15b
4th Gear Member

Looks great man, wish I would have gone with all black look when i picked new rims.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

greedy those are the same ones I have. You're right man.. Hit them with a little silicone and you'll be ok..
Old 06-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Shae04GT
1st Gear Member

Those look awesome man I'm probably going to order the same ones. How are they at night?
Old 06-05-2012, 08:56 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Your Hid's shouldn't be an issue to other drivers now. looks good
Old 06-05-2012, 10:01 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

just got the hid's put in today as well, color looks to be exactly what i wanted, bright white with a small hint of blue. and also there were no fitment issues at all with them just popped them right in.

Quick Reply: ebay smoked headlights review