4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Are you picky about where you park?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 07:07 PM
Doyon
3rd Gear Member

Default Are you picky about where you park?

As the title says, are you? To a point I am, I wont park next to beater cars, but sometimes they park next to me...

Starting to think I should be very picky about where I park. So far in the past 2 weeks i've seen an elderly lady hit my door with hers, and tried to say she didn't and refused to give me her insurance info, so I called the police and got that taken care of (she parked so close to me she was across the line and I couldn't even walk through unless I was side ways.

Then I was at a park just last weekend and these guys hit my car with a frisbe and were saying "oh **** man you hit that car!" I walked up to them with bared fists because I was so mad (but Im not a fighter, but im much bigger/taller than your average guy so he was scared) and I said you hit my car come with me to look at the damage. He too tried to lie to my face saying he didn't hit my car (when I saw it and his buddies saw it). He actually had the ***** to run away. Luckily I had my friend David, who is a Cop, and he didn't hesitate to chase him down and bring him back, and in more trouble than just damaging my property.

This is probably more of a rant than anything, but i'm amazed at peoples poor attempts to lie, especially when I was there to see it all.

Anything like this ever happen to you guys?
Old 06-27-2012, 07:23 PM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

ive never had anyone hit my car right in front of me, but i have come back to little scratches and stuff.

Usually i park out of the way and by myself, but for some reason people usually follow me over there and i get cars all around me. But most of the time i park normally, and should be more careful
Old 06-27-2012, 07:42 PM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

im somewhat picky with mine, lately i dont have to worry about where i park it though because its been sitting in the garage lol
Old 06-27-2012, 07:51 PM
speedkills
3rd Gear Member

I can understand being mad at the old lady but the guys with the frisbee was probably an accident. Still doesnt explain why they felt the need to lie to you.....

I normal like to park with a free space next to me, but sometimes you just got to suck it up and park with everyone else.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

I like to part aways away for three reasons. 1. People parking to close and dinging my doors. 2. The look of the stang as I walk down the walk way. 3. Looking at people ride by the car oh so slowly and admiring the car. Pretty sure you guys know what I'm talking about.

Last edited by Soldier GT; 06-27-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Cristoff
2nd Gear Member

So you walked up to a guy with your fists bared (and I would have to assume aggressively) and were surprised that he lied and tried to run away?

I get the fact that it pissed you off; and for that very reason I try to park WELL away from anything, but you shouldn't be surprised that someone who didn't know your fighting skills ran away when you rolled up to them in a pissed off aggressive manner.

Accidents happen, and it's sad that the natural reaction is to lie about it to pass off responsibility - unfortunately that is the world we live in.

How much damage could a frisbee realistically do?

Last edited by Cristoff; 06-27-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

I park at the farthest end of a parking lot and walk to my destination. I don't take up multiple spaces, nor look to park next to a "competative" car or another Mustang. Not only to avoid possible door damage, but because being closer to my destination, means more cars, more traffic, more shopping carts and such with which to contend... no thanks!
Old 06-27-2012, 09:28 PM
Doyon
3rd Gear Member

Frisbes do some pretty good damage in the right hands, especially when played by "Pros" (it was some sort of frisbe golf tournament)

It's about the size of my thumb (long) and a little wider than it. As you can see, the paint (Or clear coat? IDK what it's called) is just srcapped off, I spent a good amount of time trying everything to make it less noticable, but GL on that. I'll be getting it painted soon I hope.

Last edited by Doyon; 06-27-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:53 PM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

Nope. It's just a damn car.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:29 PM
Tac2cul
3rd Gear Member

yup as with most that have posted i park far away and could use the walk anyways.

Quick Reply: Are you picky about where you park?