4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Exhaust help! what should i use to be heard from at least a mile away

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 07:01 PM
dangreenfield2

Exclamation Exhaust help! what should i use to be heard from at least a mile away

alright. so im having exhaust problems again. i currently have a 99 Procharged Gt with mac LT's, mac catted H pipe, and Mac cat back. but it keeps coming loose and i want to make it louder anyways. it sounds alright but i want to be LOUDER. i want to be so loud you can recognize my car from just the sound from a good distance. i was thinking about full SLP. Slp headers, O/R x, and LM1. my friend has it and it sounds BAD ***. but i was also thinking about another set up with some sort of headers, bassanni catless x, and Borla Stingers. my question is what setup should i use? the full slp, or the stingers? and if it is the stingers, what kind of headers should i use so that i can be loud as hell. i want to be heard from AT LEAST a mile away. Other setup suggestions are welcome! thanks - Dan
Old 09-18-2012, 07:04 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Not sure if serious thread.. are you 12?

If you want to be loud just get a catless mid-pipe and mufflerless exhaust..
Old 09-18-2012, 07:15 PM
dangreenfield2

alright well you don't need to be rude about it bro. Thanks for the input...
Old 09-18-2012, 07:18 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

When I had my 04 gt I had long tubes, h-pipe, and SSS Terminator muffers. Next to LM 1's it was probably the loudest muffler i've heard on a stang. The best part was it actually had a nice deep tone like a Borla Stinger...only louder. Check them out
Old 09-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
When I had my 04 gt I had long tubes, h-pipe, and SSS Terminator muffers. Next to LM 1's it was probably the loudest muffler i've heard on a stang. The best part was it actually had a nice deep tone like a Borla Stinger...only louder. Check them out
vouch this, i run pretty much the exact same setup as he did and it is loud.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:41 PM
Shredder505
2nd Gear Member

open headers...... nuf said
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gt04
vouch this, i run pretty much the exact same setup as he did and it is loud.
Hey sorry I sold your twin...does it feel sad from time to time haha
GT Katie
1st Gear Member

I think exhaust dumps would be a good choice since you want LOUD (but you may not be able to live with loud all the time, especially if cops are an issue where you live. That way you can run whatever exhaust you can live with for everyday driving so the noise doesn't give you a headache all the time, but when you want LOUD you open the dumps. You mount them before the cats so your exhaust dumps out of the header pipes if stock, or the collectors if you decide to install headers. I'd check with American Muscle & if they don't have them, Summit does. And you don't have to be an electrical pro cuz the elect hookup is easy.

Last edited by GT Katie; 09-18-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:45 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Hey sorry I sold your twin...does it feel sad from time to time haha
yes the only differences were i have the kb and you ran na/nitrus cams i run blower lol
Old 09-18-2012, 09:46 PM
sailorflavor
2nd Gear Member

I run the stock headers and the bassani bx x pipe without cats and the SSS terminator mufflers. I work on a sub and whenever I go home the other guys off of the boats wifes call me asking where their husband are. I live a good distance away from them and their wives know my exhaust rumble. It's an awesome setup.

Quick Reply: Exhaust help! what should i use to be heard from at least a mile away