4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

JAX04's 325ci LSx New Edge- S475-PG-Holley Dominator etc.. Street Machine

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 08:00 AM
JAX04
2nd Gear Member

Default JAX04's 347ci LSx New Edge- Twin 66/65-PG-Holley Dominator etc.. Street Machine

Well this is the re-do of the last car with a very clean chassis and and great looking interior.

2000 GT
347"
Single CRT 88mm
Power Glide Trans (built with brake)
PTC Custom Converter
3.27 rear end
Holley Dominator
Edlebrock ProFlo xT
16 fuel injectors: 120lb primary 160lb uppers
Tokico shocks all around with Steeda Springs, Steeda caster camber plates
SVT rims and rear spoiler
Mach 1 chin spoiler (swapping back to cobra front bumper)

Ive got a set ofa Qa1 Double Adjustable coilovers and a bracket kit, i may go ahead and install them. Have not decided yet. This is supposed to be a street Rod, so we shall see. Everything is re-purposed from the "race" car. So, some things might seem weird or overkill for the street. I agree. But damn it, im not getting rid of that intake, ive put too much time into it. lol I would use a th400 instead of a Powerglide, but i wont come out ahead, ill have to spend a bunch more money, we'll see what the future holds.

Ive still got the AJE crossmember, engine mounts, trans mount and driveshaft from the previous car. This should be just a drop in and go, ill change things later. I wanna drive.

Last edited by JAX04; 05-13-2014 at 05:40 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:56 PM
stevednmc
3rd Gear Member

Well crap, I have to sub to another thread? I guess Ill stick around then.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:10 PM
JAX04
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stevednmc
Well crap, I have to sub to another thread? I guess Ill stick around then.

Well i appreciate you following along

thank you sir
Old 01-23-2013, 07:11 PM
JAX04
2nd Gear Member

Thanks to my buddy Trent who came over to lend a hand with the heavy lifting, im back on schedule.

Aje Kmember is in, Cobra brakes and steeda suspension are back in. Engine is in and intake setting in for mock up. I was gonna try like hell to use the ford radiator and huge *** fan, but it looks like that may not end up working, its just too big and too tight to the motor. Think GTO space between engine and radiator. If i had a smaller more compact turbo id do it, but this sucker is down right huge. SO. Ill figure something else out.

Anywho, ordered a new mandrel bends builder kit, 02 bungs, and new turbo flange today. so the turbo kit should be under way very soon, as that is truly the only piece to this puzzle now. Trans will bolt right back in, and driveshaft is proper length as well. While im waiting on the bends, ill bolt all of that back in and even install this fancy driveshaft loop i have and the torque box re enforcement plates that are here, **** i never installed on the first stang. anywho, not many pics.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:21 AM
Stevo86
3rd Gear Member

I wanna be mad that you're putting and ls in a mustang but I can't cause it's cool. Nice job on the swap.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:38 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Alot of chevy guys run their motors in fox mustangs, mainly because its an optimal chasis for drag racing. If you really think about it theres alot more chevys running ford parts than fords running chevys. The good ole 9 inch.
OP: Nice job so far on the swap.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:47 PM
JAX04
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Uber, and I couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:50 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

What you thing so far, with all the parts available nowadays its almost a drop in swap for a LSX with the proper k member.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:56 PM
JAX04
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by uberstang1
What you thing so far, with all the parts available nowadays its almost a drop in swap for a LSX with the proper k member.
Its very much a drop in swap. I dont have to fabricate anything, however i am, im going to modify my trans crossmember since i dont really care for it, but it would work fine without me modifying it.

Hell with the holley, its plug and play too, 12v constant, ground and 12v switched, done.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:53 PM
JAX04
2nd Gear Member

Ok, i have not updated since not much has been going on,

BUT! Some changes have been made to the plans

The motor is at AES racing in Elk Grove Illinois for an upgrade to an Iron motor, and 370 inches of Diamond and Callies fury!

The single Turbo has been sold and is being replaced with 2 (TWO) Turbonetics 66/65 Turbos!

This is how the trunk is going to look when complete.

DISCLAIMER! THIS PICTURE IS NOT MY CAR! ITS SOMEONE ELSES, BUT I THINK THIS IS WHAT IM GOING FOR!

Quick Reply: JAX04's 325ci LSx New Edge- S475-PG-Holley Dominator etc.. Street Machine