4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Mach 1 vs Civic

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 06:38 PM
school boy
5th Gear Member

power under the curve is where you get him. im willing to bet you have twice the torque as him. you will walk all over him.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:36 PM
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

Hopefully he doesn't have a fart can installed. I heard those add ALOT of HP...........
Old 02-20-2013, 09:50 PM
03machab

The fart can is easily another 50 hp with a good tune!!!! Hahah

Yeah you def have more torque and he may have power but what's he got for tires and suspension?? He might not be able to put it down at all. I couldn't see you losing unless its your first day behind the wheel
Old 02-20-2013, 10:08 PM
TRMach1
2nd Gear Member

Well Idk how much they weigh but I think you should be able to destroy him if he isn't too down in weight. I once had a dude in a new civic si pull next to me on a light and he says nice mustang and I was like yeah cool civic i bet its good on gas lol idk those aren't my cup of tea so I had to compliment him in another way. Anyways, he was like " yeah your car is a little faster than mine" i said "Idk maybe" lol the light turned green and lets just say "a little" was a huge understatement. I knew that but i didnt wan't to seem like a dbag.... Anyways where in FL are you?

Last edited by TRMach1; 02-20-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:56 PM
SirKrunksAlot

Psh oh yeah them fart cans should be illegal, because how much power they make! It's scary lol
But in all seriousness, I does have a fart can, I heard it at work the day he was talking **** to me.

TRMach1- I live in Hillsborough County, in Plant City.
How about yourself?
Old 02-20-2013, 10:58 PM
SirKrunksAlot

And to get back with the rest of you guys, thanks for your input, I was thinking he had the advantage over.me because of the power to weight ratio, but them 4 bangers make about as much torque as a weedwacker lol!
I think I can take him, I just didnt to talk smack and look like an idiot afterward
Old 02-20-2013, 11:05 PM
TRMach1
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKrunksAlot
Psh oh yeah them fart cans should be illegal, because how much power they make! It's scary lol
But in all seriousness, I does have a fart can, I heard it at work the day he was talking **** to me.

TRMach1- I live in Hillsborough County, in Plant City.
How about yourself?
Ah ok cool, lol it seems like everyone lives in central or north fl, I live in Hendry county close to Ft myers. I have been seeing a DSG mach lately on my way home from school that i would never see before lol but nvm not you.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:40 PM
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKrunksAlot
And to get back with the rest of you guys, thanks for your input, I was thinking he had the advantage over.me because of the power to weight ratio, but them 4 bangers make about as much torque as a weedwacker lol!
I think I can take him, I just didnt to talk smack and look like an idiot afterward
Ya dood. I wouldn't fear many cars on the road unless it's a evolution, wrx sti, Camaro v8, or another mustang or some super car like the Nissan gtr..hehe
Old 02-21-2013, 12:10 AM
SirKrunksAlot

Ya dood. I wouldn't fear many cars on the road unless it's a evolution, wrx sti, Camaro v8, or another mustang or some super car like the Nissan gtr..hehe
It's funny you say that, I raced my neighbors 2013 Camaro SS.
It's a automatic, so its got the L99. 400 hp and all that good stuff. Well I caught him going to work one night, I came up beside him after we got caught by a red light so he knew it was me. So he decided to punch it and I wasn't even ready for him, so I just let him haul *** and I took my time to catch up, so wabout a mile down the road I was about 5 or 6 car lengths behind him when he decided to punch it again, but this time I was well prepared, I dropped it and second and let her do her thing, I instantly started to reel him in. Went through 3rd and about that that time I was 2 or lengths behind and when I went to fourth I had to granny shift because my synchro is going out:/ but even then I passed half way through 4th and I was really really surprised. And I'm sorry about the essay lol
Old 02-21-2013, 12:17 AM
SirKrunksAlot

Sorry about all the typos, I'm on my phone....

Ah ok cool, lol it seems like everyone lives in central or north fl, I live in Hendry county close to Ft myers. I have been seeing a DSG mach lately on my way home from school that i would never see before lol but nvm not you.
That's because Central FL is where its at! Lol Get with it man. Jk
And no definitely not me, sir.
But around the time I got my car I went to go take it the car wash and I seem another DSG Mach and I just slowly rolled by just looking at his car while he was looking at mine. It was actually kinda funny.

Quick Reply: Mach 1 vs Civic