4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

4.6 Forums dead?

Old 02-26-2013, 04:00 PM
96GT226410
CSMG Moderator

Originally Posted by Sonic Mustang
If fever and fewer people are posting about SN95s, the last thing this forum needs is a, "same crap posted by people who are too lazy top do the small research themselves" attitude.

Think about it for a second: Everything anyone needs to know about an SN95 is in this forum or somewhere on the internet. Hell,if I bothered to look, I'm sure I could find other threads about the lack of posts. 99% of mechanical questions can be answered by looking in the Ford Service Manual - which is all over the internet.

All car forums have a group of high count posters who tell new guys to, "do a search." All car forums have innumerable threads about,"what wheels should I go for" or "what do you guys think about this?"

If you forced everybody to, "do a search" there would be no reason for new posts. If everybody stopped posting idiotic threads about getting opinions on how to personalize their cars, there would be no reason for car forums. (As a side benefit, everybody's Mustang wouldn't look exactly alike, either.) I never understood the necessity for group opinion to PERSONALIZE a car. Then again, I never understood people calling for opinions only to get pissed off at people who don't agree.

All the questions about SN95s and SN197s have been asked and answered. The minute we stop rehashing things, the forum dies. Personally, I'm looking forward to the next, "hey guys, help me pick a new all-black wheel because I want to be totally cool and if I don't pick the right one I won't be accepted as part of the cool group..." thread. Here's a clue: All black wheels look exactly the same from 10 feet away.

Like I said, there are still smart people willing to show what they have learned on here, but it gets annoying with the same crap over and over again. Maybe you're right, maybe the next wave of Mustang drivers will make their way into the forums. Until then, people posting about wanting answers they're too lazy or ignorant to find themselves is going to annoy everyone. I'm not an old man (29), but why does everyone seem so lazy these days?
Old 02-26-2013, 07:23 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Just the changing of the times... Most of the OGs have sold their cars and moved on. Now with the value of these cars, the people buying them typically don't have a substantial mod budget.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:31 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

*Generic post about the forum's decreasing traffic*
Old 02-26-2013, 09:41 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WhiteFoxGT
the mods have completely ****'d this place down to G rated. Which is BS. If you are old enough to drive, you're old enough to browse a forum for adults with their vehicles. Any kind of verbal altercation or "racy" picture gets locked and deleted with the quickness. This place still has some useful info for people to find but none of the action we all knew and loved. Im about 98% done with adding much input here anymore. Lost its appeal years ago. Back to lurking for me.
This is the reason I stopped coming. I got an infraction just because a mod didnt like that I disagreed with him and I wasnt being a complete darling about it. It was the most elementary school **** ever. Why people get kicks out of being a mod in a little internet forum I dont know. Stupid little cliques were getting on my nerves too.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:27 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Love you all too...lol

I don't post much here anymore, but lurk in the shadows just because I'm busy with 19.5 credits and running our on campus record label, I'm looking towards a new 5.0 to put in the stang so I'm spending time learning about those engines and cars, but I still check in to look things over every once and a while.

I will say that this is not anything like it used to be. Purp is gone, WhiteFox don't post no more, dimebag is gone, sxynerd has moved on to bigger and better things, HOSS I don't think has a mustang anymore, and a lot of other people that I met on here have moved on to other things. Its still a good knowledge base for this body style, especially with cliffy around. But with these cars continuing to get cheaper and cheaper, there are going to be more kids with the moronic questions and they'll be too lazy to search. But I hope I'm wrong and we can turn this thing around for those of us who actually love these cars!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:48 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
Love you all too...lol

I don't post much here anymore, but lurk in the shadows just because I'm busy with 19.5 credits and running our on campus record label, I'm looking towards a new 5.0 to put in the stang so I'm spending time learning about those engines and cars, but I still check in to look things over every once and a while.

I will say that this is not anything like it used to be. Purp is gone, WhiteFox don't post no more, dimebag is gone, sxynerd has moved on to bigger and better things, HOSS I don't think has a mustang anymore, and a lot of other people that I met on here have moved on to other things. Its still a good knowledge base for this body style, especially with cliffy around. But with these cars continuing to get cheaper and cheaper, there are going to be more kids with the moronic questions and they'll be too lazy to search. But I hope I'm wrong and we can turn this thing around for those of us who actually love these cars!
This is a pretty accurate and fair sum-up. Maybe we could try to track down these guys and keep a thread going or something. Most arent too far away. I know alot of these guys still run with dimebag. Hoss hasnt been around but i'm sure somebody could find him. I definetely miss that old group. I just wish I knew what I know now about these cars back then. Like everybody else I have gotten busy with other things in life. I used to be an obese drug addict for most of the time I posted here but got sick of that and did a complete 180. That took/takes a lot of time and energy out of my life.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:06 AM
blu30val
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kugzgt
hai guys i was wunderin how much hp i could get wit my kandn air filter. my friend says i should get like 20 cuz he got 15 on his civic wit a vtech yo
25 actually...
Old 02-27-2013, 06:10 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Has the waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhmbulence arrived yet?
Old 02-27-2013, 07:04 AM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

I don't come around since I sold the car. I pop in every now and then for the 4.6 General Chat to shoot the ****.

First time I came back after being gone for a while I immediatly noticed all the retarted commercialization...immediatly got tuned off from here.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:12 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Im sure all the commercial stuff comes down to $$$$

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4.6 Forums dead?