4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

What compliments, comments, and questions do you get?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 06:02 PM
'02gtgarrett
2nd Gear Member

Default What compliments, comments, and questions do you get?

Just wondering what kind of compliments and questions you guys get on our aging new edges. I don't get a whole lot, but i don't go out much except to high school and home. Also i have the not-so eye-catching Mineral grey. I have had a few compliments on it though. Was at a gas station and some guy asked if it was an '04. I said "No, it's an '02." He replied, "Well, Beautiful car." I said thanks. And of course the infamous,
" It got the 5.0?"
"No, 4.6."
"Should've got the V8!"
:revs:

One time a pretty hot girl t my school was like "I love your car!"
INstead of pulling out the"Thanks. Wanna go for a ride?
i said, "Thanks."
Anyway. Let's hear your input!

Last edited by '02gtgarrett; 04-08-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:33 AM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by '02gtgarrett
Just wondering what kind of compliments and questions you guys get on our aging new edges. I don't get a whole lot, but i don't go out much except to high school and home. Also i have the not-so eye-catching Mineral grey. I have had a few compliments on it though. Was at a gas station and some guy asked if it was an '04. I said "No, it's an '02." He replied, "Well, Beautiful car." I said thanks. And of course the infamous,
" It got the 5.0?"
"No, 4.6."
"Should've got the V8!"
:revs:

One time a pretty hot girl t my school was like "I love your car!"
INstead of pulling out the"Thanks. Wanna go for a ride?
i said, "Thanks."
Anyway. Let's hear your input!
Well my '10 gets recognized all the time but since you asked about new edges ill go on about that. Well i can tell you for sure that my '99 cobra gets plenty of attention. 1 being a vert, everyone thinks its pretty cool, especially being in the car. I get alot of compliments because it is showroom condition, and only has 15k miles on it. Many people see gt's and 6's all the time but people smile when they see the snake emblem and svt cobra on the back.
My slp loudmouths and mrt catted h pipe will be in tomorrow, so even more attention there as it will probably be the loudest setup i can run with cats.

You neeed to work on that girl situation. They love guys with nice cars!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:20 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

People always drool and ask how big my turbo is, but nothing beats the reactions steve gets with his kenne bell 96, OMG A KENNE BELL AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 04-09-2013, 06:35 AM
rbowmar
2nd Gear Member

I get the most comments on my 72 Mach1, but the 99 and 03 get their share "Nice Car!" Fresh wax really makes a difference.
RE: Babe Magnet--My SO suggested that I wouldn't be that satisfied with a girl who was interested in me because I had a hot car..
Old 04-09-2013, 06:40 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Chicks don't get with you just because of the car, its money. If you have a nice car they think you got money, and thats what they want and in reality they don't give two ****s about the car.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:07 AM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Most common places I get comments and compliments are when getting gas and at drive thru windows (mostly when younger kids are working). The UPS guy brought a package Friday while I was in the garage cleaning the car and he stood here and talked for a good 10 minutes about my car and Mustangs in general.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:28 AM
HasABetterSN
3rd Gear Member

I get a lot of 'Nice car' compliments, and people asking if it has a 5.0 in it. A couple weeks ago I was at the gas station and an older guy asked me what kind of car it was...
Old 04-09-2013, 04:22 PM
'02gtgarrett
2nd Gear Member

Got one today at my barber shop. Barber saw me pull in. Talked to me about it for a few minutes. He seemed to like it. And xx10:
yea i know man lol. It just all happened way to fast and plus one of my buddies was in the car next to me so i was talking to him.
Yesterday i was taking one of my bros home. We were riding and had been discussing my car. When he just looks to the right and says, "DAMN!" I thought he was looking at the mustang i was glancing at and i was said, "well, the wheels are a little big but other than that nice car."
Buddy:"Nah, i was talking about that girl's butt!"
me: "Oh."
I guess being a mustang guy i didn't notice her. But apparently she was pretty hot and i missed it because of my car obsession.
o well. Better luck next time.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:32 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Lol I think you need to get more observant about the females around you......

Originally Posted by '02gtgarrett
Got one today at my barber shop. Barber saw me pull in. Talked to me about it for a few minutes. He seemed to like it. And xx10:
yea i know man lol. It just all happened way to fast and plus one of my buddies was in the car next to me so i was talking to him.
Yesterday i was taking one of my bros home. We were riding and had been discussing my car. When he just looks to the right and says, "DAMN!" I thought he was looking at the mustang i was glancing at and i was said, "well, the wheels are a little big but other than that nice car."
Buddy:"Nah, i was talking about that girl's butt!"
me: "Oh."
I guess being a mustang guy i didn't notice her. But apparently she was pretty hot and i missed it because of my car obsession.
o well. Better luck next time.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:38 PM
'02gtgarrett
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by DocSnickers
Lol I think you need to get more observant about the females around you......
no kidding man! lol. Mustang week is coming up so i plan to be a little more observantat myrtle beach.

Quick Reply: What compliments, comments, and questions do you get?