4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Powder Coated Cold Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 08:54 PM
'02gtgarrett
2nd Gear Member

Default Powder Coated Cold Air Intake

Hey guys. Was wondering about powdercoating my Stack Racing CAI. Anyone ever done this before? Also if i go through with it, should i just redo it black(it's a little beat up from the last owner not taking care of the CAI itself and just a weak finish.) or do it like mineral grey to match my car? Suggestions and advice are highly welcome.
Thanks in advance

Pic of Engine
Notice the spots on the intake and the scratched up logos
Name:  IMG_1698_zps2d94e63d.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  109.8 KB
Old 04-11-2013, 11:42 PM
Vertigo_GT
2nd Gear Member

I think mineral gray with black hardware would look good.
BTW- Pardon please for being off topic- I know you changed your shift **** and boot and it looks great. Where/How did you relocate the AOD switch? I want to change out mine using a Manual boot and a stainless shift **** to look as good as yours does. I couldn't find where you posted the info, but I did see the pic.

Last edited by Vertigo_GT; 04-11-2013 at 11:53 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:33 PM
'02gtgarrett
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vertigo_GT
I think mineral gray with black hardware would look good.
BTW- Pardon please for being off topic- I know you changed your shift **** and boot and it looks great. Where/How did you relocate the AOD switch? I want to change out mine using a Manual boot and a stainless shift **** to look as good as yours does. I couldn't find where you posted the info, but I did see the pic.
It's cool. If you noticed in the pic, the button beside the vent in the console. That's where we relocated it to. Flyboy has a really good write up on how to relocate it. But his is in a different spot. We just took the little cover or whatever off of the shifter column and drilled a hole write where the button is and ran them through there. also we had to disconnect the console so we could move it around and get more space. like i said, i would check out flyboy's writeup in his car evolution thread.
Good Luck with the shift **** project!
Old 04-12-2013, 11:20 PM
Vertigo_GT
2nd Gear Member

Thanks '02GtGarrett, yea I read Flyboys awesome build thread. I just didn't see the switch in your picture. I'll go take another look.
So, on the CAI paint deal. I guess High temperature paint like you can get to paint a bbq grill wouldnt work? I guesss I'd be surprrized if they make high temp clear coat though.