4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Broke Lower Control Arm..

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 08:27 AM
Vertigo_GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sonic Mustang
So, your working theory is nothing posted about Granatelli and his products, including his own posts on the internet is true?
No, I Googled "Granatelli LCA reviews" instead of your suggested "Granatelli LCA fail" and most are along the lines of good bang for the buck. Pretty good for street but not so good for heavy drag strip usage.GOOGLE " Sonic Sucks" and I believe you will get the point. If I was inclined to buy LCAs, I'd pass on the Granatelli's simply because they are made in China. My operating theory is you don't have to be so disagreeable to disagree. Disrespecting Mr. Granatelli personally was uncalled for here. I appreciate the fact that he did respond to one of our members complaints. Attacking vendors who attempt to mitigate issues on our forums will tend to make them stay away.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:51 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

What's relevant is the web is littered with the history of Granatelli's quality products.
I still don't think you understand what I'm trying to say, I'm not concerned with the quality of their products, what I am referring to is your comment abou a gusset being a "band aid fix". Gusset are used accross the board in some of the fastest chasis and suspension builds inthe drag world. Gussets are used to improve strength of connections and bends. They are strengthing agents, not band aids. Thats all I am stating. Im not trying to debate or argue qualities of any products. If gussets were bandaid fixes they wouldn't pass nhra tech on suspension,cage, and chassis components on 2000+hp cars that trap over 200mph.

Last edited by uberstang1; 05-16-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:55 AM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

You really need to Google, "Granatelli LCA fail" for a historical perspective on quality, customer service, engineering, Chinese manufacturing, welding, etc.

The results are a masterclass in the art of bull****ting.
Im guessing you had a bad experience with them?
Old 05-21-2013, 11:45 AM
granatelli
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Vertigo_GT
No, I Googled "Granatelli LCA reviews" instead of your suggested "Granatelli LCA fail" and most are along the lines of good bang for the buck. Pretty good for street but not so good for heavy drag strip usage.GOOGLE “Sonic Sucks" and I believe you will get the point. If I was inclined to buy LCAs, I'd pass on the Granatelli's simply because they are made in China. My operating theory is you don't have to be so disagreeable to disagree. Disrespecting Mr. Granatelli personally was uncalled for here. I appreciate the fact that he did respond to one of our members complaints. Attacking vendors who attempt to mitigate issues on our forums will tend to make them stay away.
1. Thank to all for the kind words

2. This made in China stuff is proof positive the web is a great spreader of BS

3. Our MUSTANG control arms are not made in China. They are made right here. This is evidenced by the photos we posted here on page 2.

4. Granatelli on a private brand bases makes and has made several parts for several companies and many of them advertise all over the Mustang boards. Nothing we do for the Mustang is made in China. This all started on the corral.

5. We are also the only American made ignition coils as well. But that is not the topic here. Just thought I would throw that in.

6. This thread is more so about the WJ control arm design which is intended for the most brutal abuse possible and after over 6000 units sold this is the first issue we encountered. We have (dare I say) 100’s of low 10 second cars, 9’s and even 1 few 8 second car that run these WJ arms. Again the photos show how robust they truly are.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:37 PM
Sonic Mustang
Banned

How are the photos on page 2 of this thread evidence of USA manufacture? They're photos of a single control arm.

Are you claiming your control arms are made of 100% USA sourced steel and components, cut bent, welded, assembled and painted in in America? If so, how about a photo of the production facility - or the address?

Since your name is on the building, it shouldn't be too difficult for you to get permission to snap a few photos of the industrious, hard working Americans manufacturing your LCAs. It would be a shot in the arm for all of us in this crappy economy!

By the way, you need to update your website.

Your "About Us" page makes no mention of manufacturing ANYTHING you sell:

"Founded in 1989 by J.R. Granatelli and now headquartered in Oxnard, California, Granatelli Motor Sports (GMS) designs, engineers, distributes and installs after-market performance automotive parts and accessories."

You LCA web page makes no mention of manufacturing origin.

http://granatellimotorsports.com/pro...er-126-27.html

You'd think you would be proud of manufacturing anything in the United States of America and label it. Come on, Vic Edelbrock does it!

Last edited by Sonic Mustang; 05-21-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:21 PM
granatelli
Former Sponsor

Everyone knows our address

1000 Yarnell Place
Oxnard CA 93033

You can Google it and come by personally. I will give you a tour. As you know I get sucked into these debates but not anymore. We have an open door policy. See you here
Old 05-21-2013, 03:59 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

How are the photos on page 2 of this thread evidence of USA manufacture? They're photos of a single control arm.

Are you claiming your control arms are made of 100% USA sourced steel and components, cut bent, welded, assembled and painted in in America? If so, how about a photo of the production facility - or the address?

Since your name is on the building, it shouldn't be too difficult for you to get permission to snap a few photos of the industrious, hard working Americans manufacturing your LCAs. It would be a shot in the arm for all of us in this crappy economy!

By the way, you need to update your website.

Your "About Us" page makes no mention of manufacturing ANYTHING you sell:

"Founded in 1989 by J.R. Granatelli and now headquartered in Oxnard, California, Granatelli Motor Sports (GMS) designs, engineers, distributes and installs after-market performance automotive parts and accessories."

You LCA web page makes no mention of manufacturing origin.

http://granatellimotorsports.com/pro...er-126-27.html

You'd think you would be proud of manufacturing anything in the United States of America and label it. Come on, Vic Edelbrock does it!
Get off your soapbox....

Your approach is deplorable and I presume your departure will be too.

The owner came online to provide a solution to the problem and you jump all over him. One of your arguments has already been dismantled (gussets).

Here's another.
Made in the US/USA does not imply even the slightest bit that all items for manufacturing are U.S. sourced. In fact these days quite the opposite. If I buy 50 pieces from somewhere else otuside the US and put it together in my garage, it's "Made in the U.S." or if more than 50% of the parts are of U.S. origin it's considered 'Made in the U.S.' .

Since you pointed it out, the site you so hotly state stamps Made in the USA on everything by your definition may not be...

Where does the material for their castings come from? It's not stated as U.S. so one can only presume elsewhere not in the U.S. They may be simply "putting it together (casting)".

I'm not using their name because this isn't about them.

Oh and on the gussets thing, I guess bridge and home engineers use bandaids for everything too and don't know how to make things? Go take a look at a bridge or home roof trellis. Guessets are used everywhere.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:55 PM
Sonic Mustang
Banned

Originally Posted by granatelli
Everyone knows our address

1000 Yarnell Place
Oxnard CA 93033

You can Google it and come by personally. I will give you a tour. As you know I get sucked into these debates but not anymore. We have an open door policy. See you here
You cannot answer straight forward questions.

Do you manufacture your 1999-2004 Mustang Weight Jacker LCAs in the USA and if so where?

Why don't you list yourself as a manufacturer on your own website?
Old 05-21-2013, 08:37 PM
granatelli
Former Sponsor

You cannot answer straight forward questions. Do you manufacture your 1999-2004 Mustang Weight Jacker LCAs in the USA and if so where?
Respectfully sir - I answered the question. We make the WJ arms in the USA.

Why don't you list yourself as a manufacturer on your own website?
What? It is understood. A Ford Mustang and Chevy Camaro are considered American Muscle cars. Hence the words American. But the Camaro chassis came from Australia and the dash from China and Mexico and a lot of the car from Canada. - Its still as American as Apple pie and Baseball. But wait they play baseball in Japan too. So now what.

Relax Por Favor - Thats Spanish but from an American
Old 05-21-2013, 10:21 PM
jeff37110
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for taking care of me and standing behind your product Mr.Granatelli..Sucks I had to be the one bad guy out of so many control arms..Once again standing behind your product means alot to me..thanks

Quick Reply: Broke Lower Control Arm..