Originally Posted by bballv20
Hi everyone, I want to lower my 99 GT convertible but need some help and advice because im on a budget. My GT's suspension/struts are all stock except for a Eibach Anti-Roll sway bar kit I put on it last year. I am on a budget because I just spent 650 on a shaker hood system and im getting new paint on it plus im a college student. This is my daily driver in the summer, I'm mainly doing this for looks and to help keep the rear end down/handle better on corners. I'm only looking to lower it by 1.5-2". My questions are;
1. Lowering Springs-Would you trust buying the cheaper Ford racing and BBk springs over eibach?
2. Upper and Lower rear control arms-Do I want them to be adjustable?
3. CC plates-Do i need them? Ive heard yes and no.
4. Saving money-I understand you get what you pay for but are some of the less expensive parts/products just as good as the higher priced ones?
5. Am I missing anything I need?
Thank you for your help
1.No problem with any of the springs listed..H&r is good spring also
2.Only if your gonna race your car.."My opinion"..
3.If you go below 1.5 inches yes..I WOULD RECOMMEND ON ANY LOWERED CAR THOUGH..
4.Sometimes but not worth the risk usually..
5.Make sure to get your car properly aligned after lowering..