4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

new member needs help

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 08:45 PM
tenmile

samhaim/ i did some more checking for you , an everyone else i have talked with says the same thing .." coil or coil boot"
Old 07-02-2013, 01:08 AM
samhain

Originally Posted by tenmile
samhaim/ i did some more checking for you , an everyone else i have talked with says the same thing .." coil or coil boot"
Thanks man. The fuel filter has been changed and I've also ran a can of bg44k. With no change. The coils and boots have also been changed 3 months ago with no change. I will check them again and also check for vacuum leaks. The car only has 45k miles.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:57 PM
tenmile

samhain,
Maybe one of the A.S.E certified "master" technicians on this forum will step up and share some helpful information with you also. Seems like they have plenty to say on here till some one needs some legit advise, then all goes quiet.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:44 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

samhain,
Maybe one of the A.S.E certified "master" technicians on this forum will step up and share some helpful information with you also. Seems like they have plenty to say on here till some one needs some legit advise, then all goes quiet.
check the car for codes....even if the CEL is off. Get a good scanner and run it. Not the autozone piece of garbage global OBD one. Start from there. Which brand COPs did you install?
Old 07-03-2013, 08:35 AM
samhain

Originally Posted by WhiteFoxGT
check the car for codes....even if the CEL is off. Get a good scanner and run it. Not the autozone piece of garbage global OBD one. Start from there. Which brand COPs did you install?
I used my sct tuner to check for codes and had none. Its is not the tune cuz I ran the tune for 8 months and it ran great before. also checked with my phone ap toque pro. i'm not sure about the brand but they made no change when I switched out the oem ones. I got them off Ebay but they seem to be pretty good. I believe they are dc508 or something like that. The rpm needle does not fluctuate or bounce around but I can feel the shake and can see the motor shake every few seconds. It feels like is stumbling and it happens once every 2 seconds or once every 5 seconds so its not consistent
Old 07-03-2013, 08:38 AM
samhain

samhain,
Lol I've notice
Old 07-03-2013, 11:54 AM
samhain

Ok so I just took it into the shop cuz this is bothering me quite a bit. They ran it through the smoke machine and found no vacuum leaks and they said all cylinders are fitting correctly and no hidden codes were found. So I walk away empty handed. Sigh
Old 07-07-2013, 03:01 AM
samhain

Any more ideas?
Old 07-07-2013, 01:49 PM
FlamingoGT
2nd Gear Member

bad gas?
sticky/dirty/clogged injector(s)?
fuel pump?
intermittent short/open?
Old 07-07-2013, 07:16 PM
samhain

Originally Posted by FlamingoGT
bad gas?
sticky/dirty/clogged injector(s)?
fuel pump?
intermittent short/open?
Doubt it. I always run 93 octane and I recently ran a can of bg44k. Car only has 45k on it

Quick Reply: new member needs help