4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

black car appearance ideas??

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 10:30 AM
califas_1987
3rd Gear Member

It seems you are having second thoughts about committing to a look permanently before getting a feel for how you would like it on your car. I would recommend picking up a can of plasti dip, lay down some designs or cover some body panels, and if you don't like it after a week, just peel it off and start over. Once you find the look you want, then you can commit to put it down on a more permanent basis. Just have fun with it-- that's the whole point of having these cars.

And +1 on the IRS swap, the look of the muffler set up from the rear is freakin killer, although only an enthusiast would be able to spot it. Oh yeah, and your handling would be so much better too lol
Old 08-04-2013, 12:31 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by Soldier GT

Now back to the thread. Jake have you thought about the IRS? I really like the way crash's car sits and there aren't to many guys running them on their GT's.
Thanks bro. I appreciate the kind words. Although I must admit, your car looks bad *** and fits the part.
OP- Thanks for your comments as well. She's been a work in progress that has taken years of trolling for parts lol. I'm a cheap *** at times.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Sonic Mustang
Banned

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
No, (very) luckily for you, we'll probably never meet face to face.....
Ever read Lord of the Flies?

To Jake:

If you want your black car to really stand out from the rest, learn how to detail it correctly. Flawless black paint is very, very rare - even more so on a daily driver. If you park a stock black Mustang with no swirls, micro scratches or holograms in the paint and a shine deep enough to swim in next to a modded black Mustang with average paint, nobody will notice the modded car.

The fact that you're thinking long and hard about modifications is a good thing. I believe a lot of guys go off half-cocked. They see a spoiler they like, then a set of wheels, then a rear bumper, then......They wind up with something that looks like it's been crashed into a Pep Boys store because it's been piece mealed.

The longer you think about modding your car, the better chance you have of talking yourself out of some silly ideas. The longer you think about modifications to the entire car and not individually, the better chance you have of winding up with something you'll like.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:05 AM
jake.carp
1st Gear Member

soldier honestly i havent really thought about the irs setup, i am now. but i dont know much aabout it ill have to look it up a bit.

califas its not that i cant commit i just hate wasting money i like to know for sure i like it and that itll look good before i do it. i like the idea of the plastidip though never really played with the stuff.

sonic its actually funny you say that cause right before i sat down and wrote this i was jist washing and waxing my car haha i always get compliments on my paint even though its so tough to keep clean! and thats why i think so long with everything so i can widdle out my bulls*** ideas that i can come up with.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:27 PM
rwdfan
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dwtjr3
I have the black ford emblem I think it looks cool

Where you get those chrome/ss Mustang inserts for the rear bumper?
Old 08-09-2013, 01:26 AM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

With respect to the guys that have black rims, I've never been a fan of black rims on a black car. It's usually too much of one color. I think contrast is the key to a good looking car. White or silver cars with extra black trim, tinted windows, etc always look sharp to me. On the flip side, a black car looks good with tasteful silver/chrome trim as others here have shown. So I vote for silver letter inserts, chrome wheels, keep the chrome pony in the grill and the badges, etc, things like that...
Old 08-09-2013, 08:40 AM
antwaan
3rd Gear Member

I've always been a fan of black with chrome wheels but if the next car I'm saving up for which is a 2011/2012 GT, ends up being black (I'll probably take black or maybe red), I think the Charcoal AMR wheels look amazing on black. I am definitely against glossy black on black. That just doesn't look right to me. But yeah like you said Schmagar, I have a black car with chrome wheels and a silver truck with black wheels. I love the contrast.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:28 AM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

I got the inserts from AM,

And I have never really been a fan of black rims on black cars either. I like black rims on other peoples cars just not mine haha I like the way mine looked with the chrome fr500's
Old 08-09-2013, 09:07 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dwtjr3
I got the inserts from AM,

And I have never really been a fan of black rims on black cars either. I like black rims on other peoples cars just not mine haha I like the way mine looked with the chrome fr500's

Me to dw!