4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Car may be lost....

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 09:16 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Default Car may be lost....

1st and foremost my heart and prayers goes out to everyone affected by the floods in Waynesville, Mo. Hope the city makes a speedy recovery.

Well guys here it is. As you all know I'm doing another huge make over on my car. Since being in Korea I've probably spent about 6 grand in parts alone. The guy doing the work was going to start on it last week after he recieved the 60 lb injectors that I bought. Problem is my car is at his shop in Waynesville (city I described above). I've tried calling him like everyday and no answer. My wife said that she tried to go down there and the place was still preety flooded. I'll keep you guys posted. Maybe the cars ok we'll see but it's nothing compared to a lost of a life or home.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:21 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Man that stinks Soldier. Hoping for the best for you and everyone there.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:40 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

I've been on here a while and i've read a lot of your threads and i've seen a lot of what your car has gone through. I sincerely hope it ends up ok and I hope your service doesn't result in the loss of your car. The guy not answering his phone doesn't make sense to me. You would think the guy would know you're worrying about your car. I really hope it ends up ok man.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:21 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

That totally sucks dude if it is lost. Hopefully news will be good.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

So sorry to hear that Soldier. Hopefully everything is okay and your baby will be there when you get back.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:44 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Man I hope not you haven't had any good luck with that car lately.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:55 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Thanks for the kind words guys. Got some bad news today. A little boy (4 yrs old) and his mom were killed when there car got swept into the rushing tide. I'll say a prayer for them tonight.

As far as the car I called again today (Saturday). The guys shop is usually open on Saturday's but still no answer. I should most def here something Monday morning. My wife said the roads will be open by then and she'll be heading down there to see what's up. I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:37 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

The flooding is kinda crazy. There was a flood in Manitou Springs (we've been there a couple times) and at least one person was killed and there are still 2 missing. Makes you remember the important things in life.

I hope your stang is okay. Its a really nice ride.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:23 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Update:

Called the guys shop once again at 0800. He finally picked the phone up! Yes his shop got a little water damage and a couple cars got water damage but he put my car and his 01 Cobra on lifts. So it had no damage at all! Finally some good luck. He's going to clean up a bit today and tomorrow and start installing the engine on Wed. Hopefully all goes well with the install. I'll keep you guys posted. Once again thxs for the concerns.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:57 AM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

GREAT NEWS MAN! So glad everything is okay with the car.

Quick Reply: Car may be lost....