4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Ticket for LOUD exhaust

Old 08-21-2013, 02:56 PM
speedkills
3rd Gear Member

I've been running a "loud" exhaust for 3ish years. Never pulled over.

Originally Posted by Sonic Mustang
It's the same reason every high school kid is on Facebook and tweeting 7,564 times per day. It's all about, "Look at me!" For crying out loud, two minutes after she was rescued from the kidnapper who murdered her family, that 16 year old girl posted a new photo of herself and was answering questions online.

Before social media, my high school buddies would drive 100 miles out to the desert in the middle of the night to "dick around." And, by dicking around I mean studying maps, Highway Patrol shift schedules, radio frequencies, etc. I'd bring along a radar detector and two scanners.

Today, high school kids in my town "dick around" on Main Street at 2:00 AM. Every cop in town is within one block of Main Street at 2:00 AM because the two bars in town are both on Main Street.

These high school kids could spend literally 5 minutes to drive outside the city limits into the county where there is zero traffic at night and six deputies and two highway patrolmen cover 7,000 square miles, but no - they stay in town.

It used to be all about going fast and not getting caught. Today, it all about getting attention.
I disagree with this....its always been about "look at me" or getting attention. Its just easier today with things like the internet.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:16 PM
XEDES
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sonic Mustang
Jesus Christ, you have a tenuous grasp on the English language and no grip on logic whatsoever. Whether you get one FST or twelve, it's because you had been drinking.

Ponder this: You don't need to flunk the FSTs to get arrested for DUI.
Please....take a minute and a couple of deep breathes. Now go back and read every post you made in this thread and see how confusing they really are.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:54 AM
lts_Mr_Yum_Yum
1st Gear Member

Guys the ticket is resolved... I can't believe I stressed over this. I literally drove downtown to the Clerk Office. Grab my waiting ticket. Sat in a room for 30-45 minutes. When my number was called I gave them my citation number, payed my $103.00 fine. Walked out.

They didnt even ask if it was fixed, nothing. I asked after it was payed if I had brought a receipt what would that do and the lady said "If you bring proof that the equipment was fixed we would deduct $20 from the citation." I honestly can't believe I was so stressed about this it was so stupid easy.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:09 AM
dawson1112
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lts_Mr_Yum_Yum
Guys the ticket is resolved... I can't believe I stressed over this. I literally drove downtown to the Clerk Office. Grab my waiting ticket. Sat in a room for 30-45 minutes. When my number was called I gave them my citation number, payed my $103.00 fine. Walked out.

They didnt even ask if it was fixed, nothing. I asked after it was payed if I had brought a receipt what would that do and the lady said "If you bring proof that the equipment was fixed we would deduct $20 from the citation." I honestly can't believe I was so stressed about this it was so stupid easy.
Awsome glad you got it took care of,,, I honestly cant believe that it prompted 8 pages of bickering and story telling lol...
Old 08-22-2013, 07:10 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

That's good news, now the bickering and keyboard battles can continue to make this thread massive.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:51 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

I actually like it! Congrats on getting this taken care of!
Old 08-22-2013, 10:44 AM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

After all the arguing this simple question has spawned, it's awesome that it took you no effort to resolve it
Old 08-22-2013, 10:46 AM
BTR-75
1st Gear Member

But... if you don't get it fixed you're just asking for another ticket, especially if the cop that gave you a ticket sees or hears you again. Cops in Tallahassee are all pretty cool, I'm running an O/R x-pipe and Pype bombs and haven't been hassled or pulled over once for anything in 3 years. And yes I did knock on wood after typing that sentence.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:04 PM
Subbz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gary Ugarek
Thanks for the comments on my rides... Tis an older photo, the vert was wrecked 3 weeks ago, getting put back together, slowly, and I sold the GB 5.0. Ned to update the photo with my new Black 5.0 and the vert once it comes out of the shop which is looking like Friday night or Monday morning.

And to your comment about politeness... I agree with you. When I do get stopped, which isn't often, but when I do I keep my hands on the wheel until the officer approaches the car, once he feels safe I also inform him I am a CC (LTCF) permit holder and I am armed, most of the time I am armed.

I then let him know when I have to reach for my wallet and then again to inform him my registration is in the Glove Box, that seems to go a long way with them and I am guesstimating I get no ticket 90% of the time, the other 10% is a no points violation... such as... if the cops says you weren't wearing your seat belt right... NOPE I wasn't wearing it. $50 and no points is a lot better than whatever speed I was caught at, and when I am caught speeding my excuse is "I was exercising my car"
I'm sorry to hear about your car. I hope she gets back on the road soon! And I can't wait to see your new 5.0!!!

Good to hear you got it resolved! And as everyone said, don't get caught by the same cop again if you haven't fixed it!
Old 08-22-2013, 02:06 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Subbz
I'm sorry to hear about your car. I hope she gets back on the road soon! And I can't wait to see your new 5.0!!!
Visit the 2010-2014 appearance thread, look for post "Striped my Stang"

That is the newest Mustang. Rolled by Body shop today they had car outside re-installing interior panels they removed to get 1/4 panel done. It looked good.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ticket for LOUD exhaust