Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang > 4.6L General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
QATIM

Vehicle: 2003 Ford Mustang gt
Default Eaton supercharger

Hello everyone,

I have finally blown a head gasket in my 2003 mustang GT after 217,000 wonderful miles. She's been really good to me, but the TX heat finally got to her. I have a a** load of bolt on's, and I was just about to rebuild the rear to handle 600HP, but that's been changed to a crate motor for now. I have a six speed cobra trans in already. I'm wondering if i should buy a cobra crate long block, which I will have to purchase an intake for. Does anyone on here have a Eaton set up willing to sell? If not can anyone point me to a parts list so I can accumulate the parts needed to do the Eaton supercharger add on. I'm also open to any other suggestions or routes to go. Feel free to comment. At this time the engine is all stock, most of my bolt ons were for suspension and the such except the trans. The syncros were going out on my factory 5 speed, so I went back with the 6 speed. You can see how i'm going about this. When i'm done she'll be a gem again. Thanks for your time and input.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
QATIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #2
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2003 Mustang GT

Most important question = What is the budget?
Old 08-16-2013, 07:50 AM   #3
QATIM

Vehicle: 2003 Ford Mustang gt

Well, I'm getting a great deal on a long block. This will be an extended build. Being that I'm a baller on a budget, aren't we all, so roughly for the intake and or power adder $2500, just to get it running on the street. Like I said, I'm open to suggestions. I would really like to go turbo, just for the kick of having a more efficient power source. Any and all info is appreciated, and I am most flexible on the budget. This will be an everyday or streetable driver. I'm not really much of a track guy.
QATIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #4
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Vehicle: 1997 Mustang GT, 2002 F150 XLT 4x4 Triton
MustangSVT97r
Send a message via AIM to uberstang1 Send a message via Yahoo to uberstang1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT View Post
Most important question = What is the budget?
I agree, your not going turbo with $2500 unless u do a cheap *** on3 kit, between the turbo, piping, intercooler, tunning, fuel setup, the $$$$ just keep pilling up. You can find a stock used eaton for dirt cheap.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:57 AM   #5
Kerns
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1999 Mustang GT

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/pts/4006089746.html its mislabeled as a whipple but it is Stieggy a ported Eaten.

-2011 Arctic White Corvette- Stock
-99 Mustang GT- *765rwhp/752rwtq@23psi*
*706rwhp/668rwtq@20psi* *622rwhp/654rwtq@16psi*
284ci Forged Teksid Block 9.7:1 Compression, Precision 7275 Turbo, Edelbrock Victor Jr. Intake, 6061 Plenum, Accufab 75mm TB, Return Style Fuel System on E85, Sumped Fuel Tank, Patriot Performance Stage 2 Heads, MHS Stage 2 Turbo Cams, Fully Built T56 Transmission.

Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:57 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement