4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

1999 Mustang GT Front End conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 01:13 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

No need too take it personal their just opinions, it just happens that your the only one that thinks its a good idea, and what does that have to do with everyone else buying a camaro? but if a $7500 2007 is 3x what u paid for your current mustang u got a hell of a deal at $2500 man. Good luck with the car.

Last edited by uberstang1; 11-07-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:08 PM
CobraFrenzy
3rd Gear Member

Lol just let pimp my ride hav there way with your mustang... You seem like the type who would like 50" gold wheels on your car
Old 11-07-2013, 07:59 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Price of that kit with shipping is roughly $1500 dollars, to have your whole car painted a decent paintjob is going to be ballpark of $2500-$3000 and thats on the cheap side (unless of coarse your going with a poor quality paint job) so lets say $4000- $4500 all said and done. Thats probably more than what you paid for the car at that price. You can probably sell your car *** is for an easy 4,000 to 6,000 maybe more, add that all together and do the math. You can just sell your car and that combined with what u plan on putting into the car to get the looks of the 2005-2008 you can just buy one, you can get a s197 GT for under $10,000, have the looks you wan't and WAY more power and performance ontop of way less than 160k miles on the ODO.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:02 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Im not a fan and it is prolly pretty expensive too
Old 11-08-2013, 01:24 AM
Walkerusn

This kit is for me, starting the setup process along with a new paint job. This kit gets rid of Tbird looking front end facia and gives it a more 60's mustang look. Leaving the rest of the car as it is except for the sequential turn signals and roll bar. This car is very quick with a fresh air kit already installed. The new rear end has everything brand new and it works perfectly. Have some minor work on the auto trans to do and the driveshaft has been beefed up and balanced.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:26 AM
Walkerusn

This kit is for me, starting the setup process along with a new paint job. This kit gets rid of Tbird looking front end facia and gives it a more 60's mustang look. Leaving the rest of the car as it is except for the sequential turn signals and roll bar. This car is very quick with a fresh air kit already installed. The new rear end has everything brand new and it works perfectly. Have some minor work on the auto trans to do and the driveshaft has been beefed up and balanced.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:12 AM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

they say age and wisdom go hand in hand

i want to debunk that theory right now
Old 11-08-2013, 11:52 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Id like to add to the record a cold air intake adds zero horsepower and zero performance over the stock intake. The only way an intake tube is gonna add performance on these motors is if theres a supercharger or turbo on the end of it, or a nitrous nozzle tapped in it.

Last edited by uberstang1; 11-08-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:06 PM
Walkerusn

Smile

I have stock Mustang GT rims...so there goes the theory of 50 inch gold rims. I have been working with mustangs before most of you were born. I know when a kit comes out that will improve the looks then it is usually a good idea. Mustangs have led the way in the muscle era. People, like me, have customized them, installed more powerful engines and transmissions, converted stangs from automatics to 4 speeds and 5 speeds. I own the pink slip to my car, The car runs very well and cosmetically it only needs a little work. With the new facia kit it will be very unique. If you love the original body parts, more power to you. If you support change and updates, then you know where I come from. I have always held mustangers to be a cut above the rest. I am very surprised at the negativity of the few who have made comments that really don't mean anything. So, enjoy your cars, that's why we buy them. You drive yours your way and I will drive mine my way. By the way....anyone want to buy some used 1999 Mustang GT front end facia parts?
Old 11-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Walkerusn

Smile

Originally Posted by uberstang1
No need too take it personal their just opinions, it just happens that your the only one that thinks its a good idea, and what does that have to do with everyone else buying a camaro? but if a $7500 2007 is 3x what u paid for your current mustang u got a hell of a deal at $2500 man. Good luck with the car.
I am not the only one who likes it, there are many that I have shown the picture to and think it looks great. With the right paint work and hood modifications it will be just right for me. I am already reviewing some different designs using my computer system. It looks like I may be heading to more of an updated Mach 1 design in paint. My 1969 Mach I had all of the BOSS 302 body parts on it and the paint pulled it together. The next item will be to take out the rear seat and set it aside for awhile. Then, early next year will be taking the front seats out for reupholstering. Having the automatic refreshed with a shift kit. Will also be doing a top end refresh on the motor. Have a great day!

Quick Reply: 1999 Mustang GT Front End conversion