MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (http://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L General Discussion (http://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion-88/)
-   -   hate to do this (http://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion/711184-hate-to-do-this.html)

dcall222 06-22-2014 12:53 PM

hate to do this
 
First off i want to say that i have done some research on this subject and still have my doubts on what to pick which is why im asking the "experts"

for an 02 gt should i go with 373 or 410 gears? Its a 5 speed, i dont plan on super charging and i do mostly city driving

i see a lot of fans for the 410 gears but they also say that you just burn through first and second gear, is this true? Also im not taking it to the strip but i am a fan of stop light to stop light races. i just want to do this right the first time. Also thanks again for any input

steel pony 06-22-2014 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcall222 (Post 8401212)
First off i want to say that i have done some research on this subject and still have my doubts on what to pick which is why im asking the "experts"

for an 02 gt should i go with 373 or 410 gears? Its a 5 speed, i dont plan on super charging and i do mostly city driving

i see a lot of fans for the 410 gears but they also say that you just burn through first and second gear, is this true? Also im not taking it to the strip but i am a fan of stop light to stop light races. i just want to do this right the first time. Also thanks again for any input

3.55's or 3.73's will be more than adequate

uberstang1 06-22-2014 05:03 PM

4.10s

crash 06-22-2014 07:02 PM

4.20's... Nuff said

Cali_Swag 06-22-2014 10:56 PM

I went with 3.73's but you need to get some good tires or else you will just be spinning. Or maybe I suck at driving lol. Either way don't cheap out on the tires like I did. Sumi's suck!

unitedwestang 06-23-2014 01:17 PM

I bought my '04 5-speed with 3.73s already installed. I'm running 295/35/18 Nitto Invos in the rear. I hook up fine with the tires I have. I have never experienced this car with the stock gears. BUT. Starting out driving it with 3.73s, it feels like there is still plenty of room for more gear. I'm very seriously debating going to 4.10s possibly 4.30s. Mine is just for pleasure driving though :icon_steer:

Gt04 06-23-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali_Swag (Post 8401416)
I went with 3.73's but you need to get some good tires or else you will just be spinning. Or maybe I suck at driving lol. Either way don't cheap out on the tires like I did. Sumi's suck!

Sounds like tire/driver mod


To the op 4:10s

crash 06-23-2014 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unitedwestang (Post 8401600)
I bought my '04 5-speed with 3.73s already installed. I'm running 295/35/18 Nitto Invos in the rear. I hook up fine with the tires I have. I have never experienced this car with the stock gears. BUT. Starting out driving it with 3.73s, it feels like there is still plenty of room for more gear. I'm very seriously debating going to 4.10s possibly 4.30s. Mine is just for pleasure driving though :icon_steer:

Having night a car that had 3.73's and then upgrading to 4.10's, the difference is barely noticeable with the exception that 5th is more usable. I debates about 4.30's as well but I couldn't imagine having them with the exhaust set up I have. My rpms while driving on the freeway would be through the roof.

Cali_Swag 06-23-2014 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gt04 (Post 8401602)
Sounds like tire/driver mod


To the op 4:10s

yea still trying to figure out how to take off with this supercharger and not spin so badly

ESABATM 06-28-2014 08:25 AM

4.30's in my na coupe


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 PM.