4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

New Build/Update

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 01:13 PM
Shredder505
2nd Gear Member

Default New Build/Update

So its been a while since I've been on here so I figured I'd share what I've been up to these past few months. I've had nothing but problems with the car throughout the entire driveline so I've had it down for a long time and my lack of funds have kept me from doing much with it.

A few months ago my 4.6 developed a nice knock, kept oil pressure and didn't burn anything. But I'm tossing that out and selling anything I can from my current build.

The new build is going to consist of a 2V 5.4, custom grind Bullet Racing cams, HPS hardball'r intake or MMR spacers with a 4.6 intake, 30 lbs injectors, JBA shorty headers, Pypes O/R h-pipe, and possible ported and polished heads. Supporting stuff consists of a Mcleod street pro clutch and Spec flywheel, Autometer autolite II oil pressure gauge, Innovate Performance MTX-L wideband, and at some point a tubular front end.

Other things I've picked up are a set of Weld Prostars, a 03 cobra wing, and I had the roof wrapped matte black

Old 07-23-2014, 08:55 PM
school boy
5th Gear Member

i vote a blower for it
Old 07-24-2014, 09:42 AM
Shredder505
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by school boy
i vote a blower for it
The blower is going to happen eventually, I just want to get a daily before I start hacking my hood up to fit it in there
Old 07-24-2014, 10:47 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Thats a good build you got going on there. What kind of blower are you going to (eventually) go with?
Old 07-24-2014, 12:23 PM
Shredder505
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Thats a good build you got going on there. What kind of blower are you going to (eventually) go with?
Im debating on whether I want to do a lightning blower/whipple setup or if I want to do a vortech setup, right now Im leaning toward the whipple. Id also consider spray but Im iffy about that