Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang > 4.6L General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-27-2014, 12:38 PM   #1
Gallo88

Vehicle: N/A
Default Need help

Okay, so a quick background on me, I am no stranger to Mustangs as I have grown around them since childhood, I used to own a 2005 V6 that I loved dearly but lost in an accident May of 2013, around that time I was commuting far for work and got myself into an "economy" car 2008 Civic coupe 5spd with a 1.8L four banger. Now I like this care, but I do have to make payments on it and quite honestly it no Mustang lol. I have a guy that is interested in possiblty obtaining a loan on his own to pay off my car and he will take the care over in exchange for his 99 GT. the car has approximately 180000 miles on it. now it's tempting but I am unsure if it's the right thing to do, how long do you think thse cars can last? I know I'll have to do repairs and whatnot, let sface it, it's an old car. Given the situation would any of you do the swap, or pass on the deal?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Gallo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:57 PM   #2
dawson1112
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1990 lx hatch 5.0

You really need to look at a few things here.

First , how much do you already have invested in the civic?
How much do you still owe on it?
What kind of condition is the body/interior of the mustang?

I think if you have more than 4500 invested in the civic it would be a no go for me unless the mustang is super clean with no body/paint needed.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:04 PM   #3
Gallo88

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawson1112 View Post
You really need to look at a few things here.

First , how much do you already have invested in the civic?
How much do you still owe on it?
What kind of condition is the body/interior of the mustang?

I think if you have more than 4500 invested in the civic it would be a no go for me unless the mustang is super clean with no body/paint needed.
$11,000 owed on the Civic and got it with 3000 dp and have been making payments for a year now, the Mustang in question looks clean, but would need paint soon
Old 08-27-2014, 01:41 PM   #4
dawson1112
5th Gear Member

So with out knowing what your payments per month are , I am guessing you have roughly 6k invested into the civic already.

That seems to be a bit much for a 180k mile 99 mustang that will need paint soon, and what ever other surprises pop up in a couple months of driving it around.

I paid 2800 for my 2000 with 155k miles, it needed an exhaust, tires , front calipers, and I rebuilt the trans. I have a grand total of about 4k invested in it, but I did all the work my self including the trans rebuild. If I am lucky I will be able to sell it for around 5k in my local market.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:42 PM   #5
Gallo88

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawson1112 View Post
So with out knowing what your payments per month are , I am guessing you have roughly 6k invested into the civic already.

That seems to be a bit much for a 180k mile 99 mustang that will need paint soon, and what ever other surprises pop up in a couple months of driving it around.

I paid 2800 for my 2000 with 155k miles, it needed an exhaust, tires , front calipers, and I rebuilt the trans. I have a grand total of about 4k invested in it, but I did all the work my self including the trans rebuild. If I am lucky I will be able to sell it for around 5k in my local market.
If it's the red car you have pictured, here in my neck of the woods it would be closer to 7 or 8000. But yes I get what you're saying, thank you for your input.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:31 AM   #6
dawson1112
5th Gear Member

Yea you obviously have a stronger market out there for the 99+ model year cars.
And you have to let the market dictate what a car is worth.

Obviously your not going to recoup all the money you have tied up in the civic and if you are ok with taking a hit of it, and getting out of the payments then go for it.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:31 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement