4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Speeding ticket what should i do?

Old 12-12-2014, 03:54 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Arrickh
Hey MFers i figured you guys probably know more about this than me. I recently got pulled over for the first time and i was going pretty fast (no people around didn't endanger anyone). He asked me how fast I thought I was going. I've never been pulled over before so I said idk maybe 80 (looking back that was stupid). He reduced it from 80 to 70 and said if i show up in court he's saying he clocked me at 80. Should i go to court and try to get a reduction, driving school, just hope he's absent, or should I just pay it and move on. Also in North Carolina would a ticket for 70 in a 55 affect the insurance of a person with no other tickets?
Hey kid,pay the fricking ticket and slow down
Old 12-12-2014, 05:56 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Go to court and ask for probation before judgement. Google it! You'll pay a larger fine but you wont receive points on your liscense and the speeding charge will be stricken from your record.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:08 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
Fight it and ask when the radar gun was last calibrated. IF they cannot show the records......#ticketisdropped
Thats the worst advice u can give anyone. Radars are always going to be in the 1 year test date, otherwise patrol supervisors pull them from the sign out. Taking a hearing on the citation will not get it dropped, if u get a lawyer to BEST hes going to try and do is get it ammended to a 3111a or whatever the equivalent is in your state, which is a large fine but a non point violation, and the lawyer is pretty much gonna grovel for the officer to get it. If the officer cut u a break in any matter and you take a hearing it will be amended back to the full boat of the original citation. I may know....alot.... about this topic.

Last edited by uberstang1; 12-12-2014 at 07:14 PM.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:11 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Originally Posted by Gt04
You pulled over for an unmarked? We aren't allowed to pull people over if you're not in a marked patrol vehicle where I'm at. Main reason is some of the area gangs pull people over in unmarked to rob, rape, murder etc. Next time a unmarked pulls you over call dispatch before you actually stop to confirm it's a legit unit.
Bad advice in PA, thats going to end up with a fleeing and eluding charge tacked on to everything else under the sun.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:17 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Originally Posted by WJBertrand
Sounds like you know you're guilty. Man up, pay the fine, slow down and maybe buy a radar detector.
FYI radar dectors are nothing but a money maker scam, then only can pick up once the trigger is activated, and when the trigger is activated guess what..........already got your speed.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:52 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Always go to court! There is a Middle Ground! In many states they will charge a maximum allowable fine if you just pay the fine through the mail. You can call the court & find out when you can appear in court to enter your plea! If you plead guilty they won't set up a trial date to call the cop in! It is dealt with right then! Very often the judges will set a lower fine if you show up with a good attitude accepting responsibility. When asked how you plead, I'd say, "I'm sorry your honor, but I wasn't paying enough attention to my speed, so I plead guilty!" Judges & cops like people that take responsibility for their actions & often reduce fines for them. Showing attitude or anger is always a bad idea in a court room.

I was going 85 MPH in Nevada once & just admitted that I was listening to the radio & didn't notice my speed! The cop used an "option in Nevada" & wrote me for 10 miles over the speed limit without specifying the speed.... which I was going 25 MPH over the limit! My fine went from a couple of hundred dollars down to $45 with no points on my record! When you are caught speeding, being honest about it may be the way to go!

Last edited by Mr. D; 12-13-2014 at 02:15 AM.
Old 12-13-2014, 04:23 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by uberstang1
Thats the worst advice u can give anyone. Radars are always going to be in the 1 year test date, otherwise patrol supervisors pull them from the sign out. Taking a hearing on the citation will not get it dropped, if u get a lawyer to BEST hes going to try and do is get it ammended to a 3111a or whatever the equivalent is in your state, which is a large fine but a non point violation, and the lawyer is pretty much gonna grovel for the officer to get it. If the officer cut u a break in any matter and you take a hearing it will be amended back to the full boat of the original citation. I may know....alot.... about this topic.
Actually that's great advice. I've beaten several speeding tickets using the discovery package approach. But I also never admit to speeding like the OP did either. The radar equipment is never up to the one year certification here in Jersey. But I can understand you being a police officer you wouldn't want that secret to get out.

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 12-13-2014 at 04:26 AM.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:08 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Jersey must be a bumch of smacked a$$es id they have units on tye road that are out of date, Ive never lost a traffic hearing. If someone enters a not guilty plea on something i cut them a break on tk begin.with, such as a lower speed or a a different section, it gets ammended back to the original speed or full section and ends up be being guilty. it doesnt matter if the person says there speed.or not in court its established by the common wealth at the opening
Old 12-13-2014, 08:11 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Before u can even sign a unit out here u have to verify its within date otherwise it wont even get on the road.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:32 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

If PA actually keeps their equipment up to date. They are the exception, not the rule. I've also used the discovery package to beat the Delaware river port authority police when I was cought speeding on the Delaware memorial bridge. So technically that's at least two states I know of that are smacked asses as you put it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Speeding ticket what should i do?