4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Speeding ticket what should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 02:17 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Fight it and ask when the radar gun was last calibrated. IF they cannot show the records......#ticketisdropped
Old 12-10-2014, 02:27 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Just tell them by text message.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:49 PM
Arrickh
1st Gear Member

Im just thankful he was hiding on the other side of a bridge and not behind me (unmarked truck). He got me when i was slowing down after the run. Bitched out at 120 and its a good thing i did.
Old 12-10-2014, 03:26 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Arrickh
Im just thankful he was hiding on the other side of a bridge and not behind me (unmarked truck). He got me when i was slowing down after the run. Bitched out at 120 and its a good thing i did.
You pulled over for an unmarked? We aren't allowed to pull people over if you're not in a marked patrol vehicle where I'm at. Main reason is some of the area gangs pull people over in unmarked to rob, rape, murder etc. Next time a unmarked pulls you over call dispatch before you actually stop to confirm it's a legit unit.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:29 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

OH BOY, good luck
Old 12-10-2014, 06:35 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gt04
You pulled over for an unmarked? We aren't allowed to pull people over if you're not in a marked patrol vehicle where I'm at. Main reason is some of the area gangs pull people over in unmarked to rob, rape, murder etc. Next time a unmarked pulls you over call dispatch before you actually stop to confirm it's a legit unit.

This is HORRIBLE advice unless you live in a state where unmarked units do not make traffic stops.

The very LAST thing you want to do when an officer is trying to pull you over is look like you are evading / failing to yield. It could take 5+ minutes for him/her to get word that you are making a b.s. 9-1-1 call about it. The whole fear of the gang activity is largely a myth and is a very rare one-off situation. If there were gangs of people running around murdering and raping people on the side of the road it would be national news in a heartbeat.

Back on topic, just pay the ticket. I saw a mention of an attorney. Fr a speeding ticket? Man up and take care of your responsibilities. If defensive driving is an option look into that. Speed tickets are an extremely common occurrence and this is not some major felony case.

Lastly, this should be in Off Topic. This clearly has nothing to do with Mustang Tech for the 4.6 1996-2004 years.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:42 PM
ESABATM
2nd Gear Member

Send an e-mail?
Old 12-11-2014, 06:34 AM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
This is HORRIBLE advice unless you live in a state where unmarked units do not make traffic stops.

The very LAST thing you want to do when an officer is trying to pull you over is look like you are evading / failing to yield. It could take 5+ minutes for him/her to get word that you are making a b.s. 9-1-1 call about it. The whole fear of the gang activity is largely a myth and is a very rare one-off situation. If there were gangs of people running around murdering and raping people on the side of the road it would be national news in a heartbeat.

Back on topic, just pay the ticket. I saw a mention of an attorney. Fr a speeding ticket? Man up and take care of your responsibilities. If defensive driving is an option look into that. Speed tickets are an extremely common occurrence and this is not some major felony case.

Lastly, this should be in Off Topic. This clearly has nothing to do with Mustang Tech for the 4.6 1996-2004 years.
Advise from a deputy is horrible got it.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:34 PM
WJBertrand
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like you know you're guilty. Man up, pay the fine, slow down and maybe buy a radar detector.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:46 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Take the traffic school option and be done with it. Insurance will never know about it. As for not pulling over for an unmarked car and calling police dispatch or 911 to confirm it's a legitimate car is completely legal. The only thing I would consider is the time of day and where you are at.

Boonies at night versus middle of a city in broad daylight. Boonies at night, damn straight I might call. Put the hazards on and slow down to the speed limit until things are figured out. Middle of the city in broad daylight. That'd just be stupid.

The cop can confirm what you tell them when you pull over. If they have a problem with that, you can definitely file a complaint and probably get your ticket waived for them being an **** about it.

Back to the ticket. The fact the cop dropped it from 80 to 70 in a 55 is a HUGE break. Anything 20+ over the speed limit is considered a misdemeanor in many municipalities and states. Than can in most cases impound your car and put you in jail for up to 30 days with a fine of $2500 bucks.

Traffic school it. An attorney will cost you $2,500+ and there is NO guarantee they can do any better than what you already got. Not to mention the judge will most likely deny any change of traffic school you have/had.

Read up...search for "speeding" and "excessive speeding"

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedL...hapter_20.html

Anything 15+ over the posted speed limit is considered as excessive speeding (defined in section 20.4.01 subsection 41A) and can lead to a suspended drivers license under section 20-16.1

Last edited by Derf00; 12-11-2014 at 03:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Speeding ticket what should i do?