4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Think I broke my quadrant..

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 09:21 PM
Norcal_Stang

Arrow Think I broke my quadrant..

Hey guys. I was driving my car a few days ago and as I was coming to a stop light in gear, I felt/heard a loud thud under the car. The first thing I thought was oh crap there goes my clutch cable!

However, last September I changed my stretched out aftermarket cable to a Maximum Motorsports one with a DIY Freeplay kit. I have a centerforce clutch in there (stage 3?) that came with the car when I bought it from the seller.

I jacked my car up and unbolted the inspection cover on my trans, and the cable was intact. I undid the cable anyways and pulled it all the way out just to make sure it wasn't frayed. Cable looked a little stretched, but still in good condition. I did however notice that my clutch fork had a lot of play when moving it around without the cable connected to the fork. I don't know if that's relevant to my problem, but I thought I might post about it.

I checked under my dash, and noticed that the aftermarket quadrant (supposedly Steeda according to the previous owner) had one broken "claw" where you would otherwise fit the end of the clutch cable into.

My car has been sitting in the garage ever since and I haven't been able to do much with it do to being sick lately.

I found a video on YouTube that shows how my clutch fork moves around without cable on it EXACTLY to a T.

P.S. Maybe for almost 5 months, it's been hard to shift into gear..

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

2001 GT 140K miles