4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Safety first / No cell phones while driving

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 09:48 AM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

They seem to enforce the seat belt law agressively do the same for cell phones.
Old 12-20-2016, 10:32 AM
PDOGG74

I fell the same way they need to enforce the cell phone law even more, when I used to drive around I would turn my cell phone ringer off and put my phone out of site. It is so muscle memory to answer it or reply back to text. Now I have a touchscreen radio (pioneer double din) that links perfectly with my phone using blue tooth. When I receive a call I talk into a microphone that is near my sun visor and hear the conversation through the speakers. When I get a text I can reply back in text using my radio in the same method. I can text and talk while driving and never take my hands off the wheel and eyes off the road. Every once and while I turn off my phone so that I can cruise and enjoy my car. In a nut shell I think people should just turn off their phones or buy radios that support hands free communication. I only drive at night if I have to, watch to many people face glowing from the heads being buried in their cell phone instead of paying attention driving. When ever I am in a car and someone is driving and the go to answer their cell I usually smack their hand or take their own phone and put it in the back seat on the floor behind them and look at them like they crazy when they give me attitude. I tell them I am to young to die and have to much to do before its my time. Come to think about I am usually not ask to ride with them again after that... oh well. ( thanks for reading my two cents version of this matter)