Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Brenspeed Vortech V3 Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 12:11 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Default Brenspeed Vortech V3 Kit

I just noticed this kit on Brenspeed's site, and I swear it wasn't there a few days ago:

http://www.brenspeed.com/v3vortech.html

I'd like to know what you guys think of something like this? I'm not sure I'd consider it being non-intercooled, but I'm definitely still very much in the research phase of my supercharger purchase. I live in TX, so wouldn't heat soak be a major problem on a kit like this here, let alone anywhere? Is anyone running a kit like this? Power-wise, its in range of my expectations. Anyway, I was just curious to get feedback. And yes, we all know the Whipple kit is good, lol.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:18 PM
sailing220
4th Gear Member

Yeah that is new on there. I can't comment on the heat soak or power gains, but it looks like a good kit.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I have faith in Brenspeed that they wouldn't sell something completely unsafe to run, but still the heatsoak question begs to be asked, lol.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:29 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

I think this is a great kit for some one who wants a centri, and wants the ability to upgrade as $$ allows.

Heat soak will be a problem but the tune should pull timing so it wont hurt the motor. My guess is that you would get around 375rwhp. When you get another $2k to upgrade to the aftercooler you should be able to push around 460rwhp safely.

Now if you are 90% sure you want a twin screw and just want to get it because it is cheaper I would recommned you wait for what you really want.

I have a feeling this kit will be very popular though.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:30 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

techo 3.0L reveresed twin screw design comes out next month... going to be amazing~

http://www.techcointl.com/
Old 10-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

and for you saleen s/c guys, techo does a porting program for the saleen s/c. Cost around 1100 dollars and you pick up about 40rwhp/tq. For the people that dont know, techo is almost all saleen employees that recently left to make this company.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Well, I originally started out wanting a centri or possibly even a turbo, but lately have been leaning towards the Roush or Saleen kits due to them being really clean in terms of the setup. I have not ruled anything out entirely however. With a kit like this, I probably would never bother to upgrade it is the thing. I'm only looking for 400~ to the wheels. Combined with a set of gears if desired, that will make the car more than fast enough for me personally. Cost is a not a concern, I'll spend $6-7k if I have to. Obviously cheaper would be a plus. I just need to find the right kit for my expectations, and hopefully have some safety buffer as well...

The car is a weekend toy only, so I'm not out beating on it during the hottest time of the day during the summer and whatnot, but I'm curious as to how much of an issue heat soak would really be?

I hope Techno is paying you Hufen my friend. :P I'll check it out...
Old 10-28-2008, 12:38 PM
sailing220
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hufenstang
and for you saleen s/c guys, techo does a porting program for the saleen s/c. Cost around 1100 dollars and you pick up about 40rwhp/tq. For the people that dont know, techo is almost all saleen employees that recently left to make this company.
Explains why it is almost the same as the Saleen.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:42 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

The thing with Techno is I'll be buying my kit early next year, and chances are they won't have been around long enough for me to have a comfort level with them. I wonder what the pricing will be. I noticed that the Challenger kit was 7 grand...
Old 10-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQGi5saeVVM

na they arent paying me, but i love their functional hood they are about to release!

Quick Reply: Brenspeed Vortech V3 Kit