Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion > 4.6L V8 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Cold Air Induction Installations and Comments...

Old 02-26-2007, 03:38 PM   #41
HDmstng
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT
Default RE: Cold Air Induction Installations and Comments...

What effects does a CAI and tune have on the longevity and reliablity of a car? I know driving habits are going to play a big part as well as other mods, but generally speaking?

The different tunes allow for different octane, and in the case of auto's, different shifting points? Will that kill the transmission earlier?

This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
HDmstng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:50 AM   #42
jmart69x
1st Gear Member

Any feedback on the CDC Shaker CAI, Steeda CAI or WMS High Velocity CAI?
Old 04-12-2007, 07:29 PM   #43
kiki07gt
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT, 1967 Mustang Coupe

Cover or No Cover for the filter..? Also - suggestions on type - I really like the metal elbow look - would prefer not to have to run high octane gas every tank if I don't have to. We are already $3+/gallon for 87. I have read lots in various posts about the C&L. Understand K&N doesn't do too much...?

'67 Coupe, Vintage Burgandy - Maroon Interior, 289, A/T, factory AC
kiki07gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:29 PM   #44
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 08 GT, 07 Ford Mustang GT-RIP

The cdc shaker isn't a c.a.i. its a hood scoop. It really doesn't add any hp, from what Iv'e heard. But they do look cool. Does anyone know the cheapest place to order the c & l street intake and xcal tune?

08 Mustang GT
07 BMW 328i
13 Ninja 300 Bike
07 Mustang GT RIP
luckydawg003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:36 PM   #45
burnout083
1st Gear Member

does anyone have any experience with the roush cai. i'm getting ready to install it in the next couple of days and just wondered if anyone had anything good or bad to say about it.

rksport hood. 20" foose nitrous. paint. roush cai. diablo tune. steeda axleback. frpp 4.10 gears. frpp x-pipe. hurst short throw.
burnout083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:24 PM   #46
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 08 GT, 07 Ford Mustang GT-RIP

Any one know if Evolution Performance is a good place to order my C&L trueflow and xcal 2 tune? Going for $625 for my 07 gt.

08 Mustang GT
07 BMW 328i
13 Ninja 300 Bike
07 Mustang GT RIP
luckydawg003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:08 PM   #47
philbreeziak

I have the C&L with dialblosport predator 91 octanetune and it's just super duper.

[IMG]local://upfiles/48527/7FAD6E1DE05E44B8999C91D7B8F51DF8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/48527/BDD073D88D3A44E0926921B6A1FE2F95.jpg[/IMG]
3D Carbon GT Styling Body Kit
Incubus Shylock 20" rims on Cooper Zeon 2XS 8.5" front, 9.5"
philbreeziak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 04:48 AM   #48
Sirsilent
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: HDmstng

What effects does a CAI and tune have on the longevity and reliablity of a car? I know driving habits are going to play a big part as well as other mods, but generally speaking?

The different tunes allow for different octane, and in the case of auto's, different shifting points? Will that kill the transmission earlier?
I heard that the CAIs don't filtrate as good as the stock filters. Doesn't that affect the engine over time?

- 3.55 gears
- Bullitt CAI w/ Brenspeed 91 octane
- Roush rear springs
- Shorty antenna
- 35% tint
Sirsilent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:51 PM   #49
djmac95
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via Yahoo to djmac95

The Roush CAI and the Airaid CAI are the same thing, so if you look around on the forums for Airaid CAI's you'll find what you are looking for. As far as I have read, the Airaid CAI is not the best out there, but by far not the worst and seems to be well liked by those who have it. For the best gains you'll need to retune.

Suspension: Vogtland Leveling (GT500) Springs, Tokico D-Specs, Steeda HD USM's, Steeda Adj. Panhard bar w/ brace, Steeda Adj. UCA, Steeda Billet LCA's, Foose Rear Swaybar

Show: CDC Aggressive Chin Spoiler, A47 Grille, A47 Mirrors, Foose Ducktail, WebElectric Sequentials
djmac95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:54 PM   #50
djmac95
2nd Gear Member

Order from either Brenspeed or B amachips. Not to say there is anything wrong with Evo, but these two are considered the best.

Suspension: Vogtland Leveling (GT500) Springs, Tokico D-Specs, Steeda HD USM's, Steeda Adj. Panhard bar w/ brace, Steeda Adj. UCA, Steeda Billet LCA's, Foose Rear Swaybar

Show: CDC Aggressive Chin Spoiler, A47 Grille, A47 Mirrors, Foose Ducktail, WebElectric Sequentials
Old 06-19-2007, 03:55 AM   #51
smithflys23

Anyone have the BBK intake with the 65mm throttle body combo? I am curious if there are any complications that come with installing a new throttle body. Thanks
Old 06-22-2007, 12:40 AM   #52
djmac95
2nd Gear Member

Try doing a search for the BBK TB. I remember reading that a few members were having problems with it.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:55 PM   #53
NamelessMC

Does anyone know of a place better than Brenspeed? I know a lot of people recommend them, but placing an order and leaving your credit card information only to not get an email response in over a week or have the order go through on your billing is rather suspicious.

Also, the 4-digit calibration code on Bamachips, is that like a 4-digit password or pin code? Because I have no idea what a 4-digit calibration code is and it says it's required to place an order.

How does the JLT Cold Air Intake with Xcaliber 2 tune rank against the other intakes? I tried to order a Steeda from Brenspeed, but as you read earlier, I received no email response, the order didn't charge my card and it's been over a week.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:09 AM   #54
Jrob27
1st Gear Member

Recently, I have placed two orders with Brenspeed and the customer service has been outstanding. Maybe there was a network glitch that stopped your order process? Anyway, the computer code they need for the intake and tune system is right on the computer itself. Its right next to the fuse box. The code consists of 3 letters and one number. Best of luck....I just ordered the C&L with tune from them. Give them a call, they arenice folks.

Jim

2007 Alloy GT: Hurst short throw, Tri-Piller, Autometer NV Gauges, C&L intake w/Brenspeed Tune 93 Octane. Kooks LT headers and catted X-Pipe, Pypes Mufflers.
Jrob27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:52 PM   #55
D_Gusler
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Jrob27

Recently, I have placed two orders with Brenspeed and the customer service has been outstanding. Maybe there was a network glitch that stopped your order process? Anyway, the computer code they need for the intake and tune system is right on the computer itself. Its right next to the fuse box. The code consists of 3 letters and one number. Best of luck....I just ordered the C&L with tune from them. Give them a call, they arenice folks.

Jim
Couldn't of said it any better. I ordered the C&L intake, SCT XCALII, and the Hurst short throw from them last week. Recieved the shifter in three days, still waiting on the tuner/intake to be finished(customed tuned). It sometimes is hard to reach someone on the phone, but leave a message, and they get right back to you.

451rwhp 431rwtq
best 1/4: 12.037 @ 113.78mph 1.697 sixty foot
D_Gusler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:54 AM   #56
Penance
1st Gear Member

here is a neat fact on warranty info, no tuner will void it if it keep emissons the same (well, thats what they state on back of package, and usually emissions are improved). Also, the roush intake was a snap to put on, although the black molded plastic isnt as sexy as my AEM cold-air intake on my Celica GTS...BUT THE CONE ON THE ROUSH IS MASSIVE...
Penance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:59 AM   #57
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007, Ford, Mustang GT
acascianelli

I have a C&L Street and a Diablosport 91Octane tune. Works great, no problems at all.

Keep the filter clean, replace it if its ever damaged, and don't be stupid and try to drive through a huge puddle, and you shouldn't have any problems.
UMI Rear LCA's
3.55 Rear Axle
Steeda UDP
acascianelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:42 PM   #58
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011, Ford, Mustang

I want to buy the JLT 2 INTAKE W/ XCAL2 05-07 GT combo from brenspeed.com

What are the 3 tunes that are included? 87, 91, 93?

Also, will the included tunes reprogram my auto transmission? Like firm up the shift points, etc? Or will I have to make those changes?

Thanks

Gone->11 Red Candy Metallic Mustang GT/CS Auto 13.284 @ 107.44 (DA Corrected 12.809 @ 111.502)
Bmr4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:11 PM   #59
Texotic
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang GT

i was lookin on Brenspeed and noticed that the WMS intake looks HUGE compared to others, do you get more power out of it? i'm trying to decide between it and a C&L. i'll be getting a package with the XCal2, but i need to know which intake to go with. which of the C&L's is the best or is the WMS better than the C&L's?
Steeda Rear Swaybar & G-Trac Brace
Corsa's
Sequentials
Waiting to be installed: BMR Adj. Street Combo LCA's
Texotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:30 PM   #60
Jrob27
1st Gear Member

The WMS looks good, but I have no experience with it. I bought the C&L with the tune and its really nice. It made a heck of a difference. I don't think you could go wrong either way with a tune. You should call Brent at Brenspeed and talk to him, he will help you decide.Best of luck and keep us informed as to what you do.

2007 Alloy GT: Hurst short throw, Tri-Piller, Autometer NV Gauges, C&L intake w/Brenspeed Tune 93 Octane. Kooks LT headers and catted X-Pipe, Pypes Mufflers.
Jrob27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:30 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
10, 2008, add, air, brenspeed, cold, dyno, ford, gt, hp, intakes, m9603gtb, mustang, na, test, tune