Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Cai and tune, really worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 05:18 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Cai and tune, really worth it?

Well... everyone has done a good job explaining how awesome it is.. so Ill just say...[sm=signs007.gif]
Old 08-24-2006, 05:49 PM
6605stang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: classj

100% worth it. Without a doubt. I did the Brenspeed and C&L street/strip combo, amazing difference.

I noticed a couple miles per gallon more too so far.
His 93 octane tunes are great.

After you install it and start the car. Just blipping the throttle a couple times tells you something is significantly different. Between the throttle response, the sound, and the beefed up exhaust note, it is really nice.
+1, I got around 1-1.5 mph better too... granted it's not a lot, but aleast it's in the right direction! MPG is obviously not why I bought it, but it's just another thing to chalk up in the PRO column.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:51 PM
ski
4th Gear Member

Git 'Er Done! You won't regret it!
I have the C&L street intake(aluminum) with a 'canned' 93 octane Predator tune, and the difference between stock and this setup is like night and day. Much crisper throttle response and overall power! Got a nice chirp in the 1st-2nd shift and nothing in 2nd-3rd with the stock setup, and now I get sideways in 1st-2nd and a nice chirp in 2nd-3rd.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:14 PM
rnail
1st Gear Member

Well, I'ver really been contemplating this as well. I too am 41 and enjoying my vehicle. I think Ford did a remarkable job with the car, but would also not mind a little better throttle responce off the line. I'm deciding between Granatelli CAI with MAS vs CAI/Tune, I just don't want to screw anything up. I really like my car as a daily driver.

1) How long did you guys wait until you got your tune? I have just over 1000 miles now.
2) Did this affect the drivability in a negative way - i.e harshness of shifts, etc when you were not getting on it, but simply cruising around?
Old 08-24-2006, 08:33 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rnail

Well, I'ver really been contemplating this as well. I too am 41 and enjoying my vehicle. I think Ford did a remarkable job with the car, but would also not mind a little better throttle responce off the line. I'm deciding between Granatelli CAI with MAS vs CAI/Tune, I just don't want to screw anything up. I really like my car as a daily driver.

1) How long did you guys wait until you got your tune? I have just over 1000 miles now.
2) Did this affect the drivability in a negative way - i.e harshness of shifts, etc when you were not getting on it, but simply cruising around?
Ordered mine at 900 miles, isntalled at 1050.
Shifting is much better all around, drivability is better period, along with less throttle lag etc
Old 08-24-2006, 09:10 PM
6605stang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rnail

1) Bought my steed used at 18,500. Put it on at 19,000. Now has 22,000 and no issues... Other than my wife bitchin' at me for her getting whiplash everytime we go out.
2) No negatives in my book. I have a manual so harshness of shifts? I can't say (other than I go through the gears A LOT faster now). Quicker all the way through the range, much better throttle response, meaner sound, slightly better gas mileage... in hindsight, it's not a decision... it's a must!

If you got the dough, order it yesterday.[sm=trust_me.gif]
Old 08-25-2006, 10:12 AM
Rypper1
1st Gear Member

Dang, Lot of us old farts on here. I'm 41 also and the CAI/Tuner was my first mod. Had it and gears in the car before I got my permanent plate in. So far I would say the CAI and tuner is the best bang for the buck out there.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:12 PM
ticklemonster

ORIGINAL: ski

Git 'Er Done! You won't regret it!
I have the C&L street intake(aluminum) with a 'canned' 93 octane Predator tune, and the difference between stock and this setup is like night and day. Much crisper throttle response and overall power! Got a nice chirp in the 1st-2nd shift and nothing in 2nd-3rd with the stock setup, and now I get sideways in 1st-2nd and a nice chirp in 2nd-3rd.
Yea, I can barely chirp 2nd, (with 285/18's out back) If I could do that I would be "tickled" to death!!

ticklemonster
Old 08-25-2006, 05:44 PM
Cyberwolf1986
2nd Gear Member

If your into the track and stuff like that, i gained 6 tenths and 5mph. And yes it it wayyyyyy worth it.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:58 AM
bushbanger
2nd Gear Member

another old fart here..42.. ...got the jlt2/sct from brenspeed and it really makes a difference in the stang ...running the 93 tune

Quick Reply: Cai and tune, really worth it?