Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!
Old 11-20-2015, 12:01 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

So now you have a Tuner... now what?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Grabber8608

Originally Posted by Jesse@SCT
What type of tuner are you using? The 4:10 gears are whats going to be throwing your speedo off. Depending on your tuner you will have adjustable options to change these gears to correct you speedo.

i have the SCT X3. So what i have to do i play with the gears to find where my speed is correct and go with that gear setting?
Old 01-04-2009, 10:37 AM
07CS

Default Adjust Tire size with SCT tuner

Can I adjust my tire size with the SCT Tuner so that the speedo isnt off?
Old 01-15-2009, 07:50 PM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CavScout2e
I just bought and installed the Steeda cold air kit (witch looks exactly like my brothers ford racing kit) and after loading the tune the check engine light came on after about 10 mins of driving. I disconected the batt and that got rid of the o2 sensor dtc's, I then uninstalled the tune and reloaded it. The light went away but now the dtc says that B1 and B2 banks 1 and 2 are running lean. How can I fix this?

Running this on a 08 GT, only other mods are flowmaster axle back system.
Read post. #48
Old 01-17-2009, 10:10 PM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 07CS
Can I adjust my tire size with the SCT Tuner so that the speedo isnt off?

Yes, you can adjust the gear ratio, and tire revs/mile.

After Tuner/intake...there is only 1 way to go.

4.10 BABYYYY!!!
Old 02-02-2009, 09:25 PM
bigblue15
1st Gear Member

hey guys this may be kinda confusing, but a while ago i bought a new mac CAI and the check engine light comes on because it recognizes too much air is coming in, so i put the stock intake back on for a while, the engine light went off, then i switched back to the mac CAI and the engine light came on again, i just got a tuner for xmas in order to fix this problem but i have to put the stock tune on the tuner before i do anything so i just recently put the stock intake back on and the check engine light is still on after about 150 miles, should i wait til the light goes off or is it okay to go ahead and use that as the stock tune? it doesnt seem like the latter half is the right thing to do so i figured i'd just come on here and ask
Old 02-02-2009, 09:37 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bigblue15
hey guys this may be kinda confusing, but a while ago i bought a new mac CAI and the check engine light comes on because it recognizes too much air is coming in, so i put the stock intake back on for a while, the engine light went off, then i switched back to the mac CAI and the engine light came on again, i just got a tuner for xmas in order to fix this problem but i have to put the stock tune on the tuner before i do anything so i just recently put the stock intake back on and the check engine light is still on after about 150 miles, should i wait til the light goes off or is it okay to go ahead and use that as the stock tune? it doesnt seem like the latter half is the right thing to do so i figured i'd just come on here and ask
You can clear the code with your tuner and not load the tune. Who did you get the tuner from was a tune installed on it.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:07 PM
bigblue15
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RICVA05
You can clear the code with your tuner and not load the tune. Who did you get the tuner from was a tune installed on it.
i got the predator tuner from bamachips so its got the predator tunes and some from bamachips on it
Old 02-12-2009, 08:25 PM
mustangford289

I want to install longtube headers.

Question is this: Can I just run the longtubes, with highflow cats with o2 sensors installed without throwing a code?

Or, can I delete the cats without throwing a code.

Also, I see a lot of guys that delete just the rear o2 sensors, why not delete them all?

Do I need to tune the car either way I go?
Old 02-15-2009, 01:27 PM
gardnpc

Default New SCT Tuner User

I have a 5-speed '06 GT with a Steeda CAI. I've tuned it with the SF3 flash device. One of the options is WOT fuel adjustment. I know that WOT stands for wide open throttle, but not sure what that tune give me? Is it enough to feel the difference? Any advice on this option is appreciated.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:25 PM
raredesign
2nd Gear Member

I am new to tuners and just bought an SCT SF3. I used it to flash to my 4.10 gears and it worked great, but now I want to go through some other options, like my tire size, and SLP Loudmouths. I also have ram air with AFE filter, but not CAI.
Do I just choose one option at a time, or multiple options and then flash? What happens now that I have flashed for 4.10's and I try to flash for my axel back exhaust?....will it overwrite my previous flash? sorry, just not certain of the sequence, and if I have to select all the options at once, or if it is intelligent and just reads my current setup and builds from there.

Quick Reply: So now you have a Tuner... now what?