Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

What do you think of this for me ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 07:15 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Default What do you think of this for me ?

Im planing on getting after market udp's ... many asked whats better.. and i know the answere... there all the same the only diffrence is the color and price.. but my question is ... whats the best quality ? screw the price i want quality that wont hurt my motor..

and im also thinking of an electric water pump .. is Mezire the only company ? or is there a better company ?

I heard some of the guys have had problems with the alternator ... what could be the solution ?

And how bad am I in need of a tune ?

my driving style is ...

I always drive somehow close to fast.. and I go on 230 km highway driving weekly .. 230 going and 240 coming back ... thats estimated.. the weather here gets hot.. but ill take care of the cooling... and Im also getting a filter...

I already have a

custom 1 pc aluminum driveshaft
frpp 4.10 gears
adj, LCA
UCA
and a custom tune from fred using the sct excal ...

and last.. whats my estimated hp after all of that ?

Thanks
Old 11-10-2006, 08:03 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What do you think of this for me ?

an electric water pump is really not a fantastic idea for a street car; especially in a hot climate.
you really need a tune, if your stock, for if nothing else the abomidable throttle response.

if you want to do some basic power-adding bolt ons, heres my reccomendations, in order of priority:

JLT II or C&L intake and tune package from Brenspeed with his tunes
FRPP 4.30's (YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW!)..........although with your, er, rather rapid driving habits, you might want to instead choose 3.73's. but for raw acceleration nothing beats 4.30's.
get the Steeda or another good brand UCA's/LCA's
Long tube headers (JBA or HOOKER) with the appropriate tune

then start working on lightening up your drivetrain, with an aluminum flywheel and driveshaft, and you can also get a BMR radiator support that only weighs 7 pounds as opposed to the stock 22.

IMO, UDP's are not such a fantastic idea. very expensive for very little gain, but not only that, you'll more than likely fry out your alternator and have other problems. plus, the accessories on this mustang are already pretty overdriven when compared to past mustangs, so i think its fine the way they are.

Old 11-11-2006, 06:57 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Well i plan on getting a JLT2 cai and also getting a retune after the pullies and wterpump ...

But is there a solution for the alternator ? what might go wrong too ?

and about LT headers ... man its not possible for me.. law rules and parent issues... or else I wouldve gotten a borla long tubes with x pipes and offroad cats

Im planing for cams+pistons+head in the future... but inn the mean time .. I want to go stealth fast...

about the udp ... IM going for best quality ? anyone steeda ??

and btw I already have the UCA and LCA ...BMR is great with thier quality ..
Old 11-12-2006, 02:25 AM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/05gtup.htm#1

Whats the diffrence in the extra idler pully ? is it worth it or should i get the normal steeda kit... the motoblue UDP looks like it has good qualty ..

I have a quastion too ... If i got a UDP kit and an electric waterpump ? do I use the water pump pullie on the electric water pump or should I just leave it in the box ?
Old 11-13-2006, 05:34 AM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

anyone ?
Old 11-13-2006, 01:09 PM
nbk13nw
2nd Gear Member

I have heard of no issues with the Steeda kit. However, I took a chance with the BBK set. So far so good. No issues and the install was really easy. I chose the BBK over the Steeda due to it being real similiar in design, but the BBK's are in a polished aluminum and look badd a$$!
Old 11-14-2006, 12:49 AM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Hey Saud.. I have had the Steeda UDP set on mine for a few months with no issues at all. Started my cam install today. How are you liking those 4:10's now that you finally took the plunge?? Awesome aren't they!
Old 11-14-2006, 01:25 AM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

NO problems here with the steedas. Been 1 yr now.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:51 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MusiccityGT

Hey Saud.. I have had the Steeda UDP set on mine for a few months with no issues at all. Started my cam install today. How are you liking those 4:10's now that you finally took the plunge?? Awesome aren't they!
Wow man ur mods are making me go crazy I really want to see a video of ur babys start up after the instalation ... sweeet

Heck yeah those 4.10's just pulls harder.. I have not faced a problem with them because i changed almost every part inside the diff ( due to old stock moan sound when I take a U-Turn ..) I really like the 2nd _3rd pull now always screams... but yet somehow I raced a mustang with cai/filter and i jumped infront (his front bumper was near my door ) and we kept EXACTLY the same untill we hit 160 then i began to step away from him slowly... so i thiink its gotta be the CAI ... begause my motor has the stock CAI and filter and does not breath freely..

and what are the diffrence between the moto blue ones and the others ? I see 3 pullies with moto blue and 2 pullies with any other kit.

I wont get pullies without and electronic water pump ... but the only thing that scares me is that I need to get also a better alternator... Where can I find them ?
Old 11-14-2006, 02:34 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

There is no point in getting pullies and a larger alternator. The larger alternator will un-do the gains from the pulleys. You might as well stay stock in that case.

By the way, the Motoblue pulley set includes 3 pulleys instead of the normal 2 becasue it includes a billet idler pulley as well. I am not sure why they do this. There are actually three idlers on the car, so why they would supply just one is strange. Anyway, there is no benefit to this idler pulley. The Motoblue idlers are actually HEAVIER than the OEM idlers. I had bought a set but I returned it becasue they were actually WORSE than stock.