Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Obx Headers ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 01:27 AM
kleistang
3rd Gear Member

Default Obx Headers ?

i always look around on ebay and always come to me a set of obx lts headers. does anyone here has any experience with this kit. i was just wondering because it looks like a good deal but, at the same time. i have never see someone talking about them.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:05 PM
kleistang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Obx Headers ?

lol seems that no one knows them. [:'(]
Old 05-25-2007, 04:41 PM
BillyBobJoe
4th Gear Member

thats what we sometimes call an eBay brand. Not owned by eBay, but a brand you wont really see anywhere else but eBay. Small company that no one really knows about probably. I've seen those headers too but sometimes you just can't trust a company like that.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:48 PM
brewcity
2nd Gear Member

about 6years back i bought a exhuast from them headder mid and tale pipe, i no longer have the headder on (due to smog testing) but i do have the rest of it on and it is still in very good shape, all stainless so over all i would say there product (atleast thisone)is pretty good. not sure how it would be for our stangs. hell if its cheap enough get em and if you dont like em put them back on e-bay
Old 01-27-2008, 02:49 PM
Black05StangGT
3rd Gear Member

There was a write-up on these headers from another forum and they got good reviews...I am going to try them and see what happens, lol...
Old 01-27-2008, 02:51 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

They're cheap for a reason IMO.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:21 PM
jbs07stang
1st Gear Member

I have not heard anything bad about them. Only good reviews from everyone who has tried them. If I were going L/T I would try them based on the reviews I have read.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:06 PM
aircare84
3rd Gear Member

There's a lengthly write-up on them @ TMS;Mustang Source Forums
I installed a set in Dec, installed a set on friends car in Jan. Mines a standard coupe & he has a auto vert.
Not easy to install,a days job. Quality appears very good. Flanges are greater than 3/8", tubing is 16GA, all 304 stainless.Fit is good, some clearance issues,but not too bad. Suggest prothene mounts if you install. I didn't & get avery slight rub on steering shaft on hard R/H turns. Friend installed Prothene mounts on his @ same time & doesn't have the issue. You'll need O2 extenders with these as the bungs are in the collectors.The collectorshangs below the frame rail about 1/4".
Overall, I'm happy with them. I had Brenspeed modify my tune,all's been well.I'll be getting a dyno run Feb 15th, will see what #'s the headers get.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:14 PM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: aircare84

There's a lengthly write-up on them @ TMS;Mustang Source Forums
I installed a set in Dec, installed a set on friends car in Jan. Mines a standard coupe & he has a auto vert.
Not easy to install,a days job. Quality appears very good. Flanges are greater than 3/8", tubing is 16GA, all 304 stainless.Fit is good, some clearance issues,but not too bad. Suggest prothene mounts if you install. I didn't & get avery slight rub on steering shaft on hard R/H turns. Friend installed Prothene mounts on his @ same time & doesn't have the issue. You'll need O2 extenders with these as the bungs are in the collectors.The collectorshangs below the frame rail about 1/4".
Overall, I'm happy with them. I had Brenspeed modify my tune,all's been well.I'll be getting a dyno run Feb 15th, will see what #'s the headers get.
Talk to this guy about them^

He showed us pictures and they look to be of great quality.

Sometimes companies who want to get started in a market will price their parts to be extremely cheap to get noticed. Don't knock them yet.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:18 PM
GT Bob
3rd Gear Member

OBX is not a new company. They've been in the market since the early to mid 90's. They have mostly stuck to import parts, but seems like they are now moving into Domestics.I beleive they manufacture in China, but I could be wrong.

ONe side note about OBX. Their products are usually decent, however the company mentality is kinda messed up. They wait from someone else to bring a product to market, then they copy the design and offer it as well. Because they are not absorbing any of the R&D costs, they bring their parts to market cheaper. For this reason alone, I will never put an OBX part on any of my cars.

Quick Reply: Obx Headers ?