Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Installing MAC LT headers

Old 04-01-2009, 06:13 AM
07 GT/CS
1st Gear Member

Talking Installing MAC LT headers

I'm going to be installing MAC LT's, MAC X-pipe with Pypes MINI cats the week-end after next, do to my headers not arriving yet. Anybody that has installed these please give me any tricks you may have picked up on or any word of warnings. advice that would make this any easier will be much appreciated. I'll be using a lift to make things alittle easier. Thanks for your input.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:45 PM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

I will be installing JBA shorty headers this upcoming weekend. A needed tool list would be nice as well if anyone remembers any tools that were truly lifesavers during the installation.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:22 PM
05IDAHOGT

ratcheting wrenches!!!! gonna need one flex head or not its a life saver..i did prothane mounts at the same time so....havin the motor mounts out is a live saver as well but remember dont jack just directly under the pan uhh what else...TAKE YOU TIME.. if you get frustrated take a break drink a beer and come back to it...i did mine the hard way and the car was only on jackstands so the higher you can get the front end in a safe manner the better.. other than that my mind goes fuzzy i had mine in and done in less than 8 hours but im also a tech by day so... dont get frustrated if it takes you longer mainly take your time and make sure you did everything right and all is tight because it will cost you in the long run if they leak or what not oh ya.. it helps to utilize the factory studs to get the headers hung.. once i got a few other bolts in i took the studs back out and replaced them with the mac hardware
Old 04-02-2009, 06:06 AM
07 GT/CS
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the advice. Makes sence to leave the studs in now that you mention it. Most of the articles I've read always say pull them out as soon as you get the stock manifold off. Also my header arrived at the same time as everything else. Still planning on doing the install on Apr 11 though. I'm going to do a write up on the install with pictures and post 'em. and I'm still debating if I want to do the engine mounts at the same time. Tempting but some people have reported that they lower the headers to much and then you have to worry about spped bumps. Then on the other hand some people have had probs with the headers rubbing the steering shaft don't know if thats true or not. But I'll update on the install later.

Last edited by 07 GT/CS; 04-02-2009 at 10:49 AM.