Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

So you want to install a Roush Exhaust...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 09:49 PM
Lv XLR8N
2nd Gear Member

To install the exhaust or remove, we need the rear axle unloaded, gives more room to get the pipes in/out.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:03 AM
GTI-Guy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Xcelsius
If you support the car on the axle, you will see a good amount of suspension compression and it will be hard remove the pipes from the car.
Ah got it, thanks. No biggie to use the arms in a pinch, just not something to do out of habit
Old 09-10-2009, 08:50 AM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

yeah when i get my exhaust I'm gonna have my buddies shop install it using a lift. he's gonna charge me $60 for the install....
Old 09-10-2009, 11:41 AM
jocatch
2nd Gear Member

This has been a great thread! I was going to go with FLowmasters but I see they drone alot. So they are out. Magaflows I don't think are much louder than stock. So now I am looking at the Roush system. I admit I am not very smart about Roush. Can someone tell me like the part number of them and can I order them thru Ford? What is the relationship with Roush and Ford? Lastly, is the ground clearence the same as stock?

The last question is serious. I once redid my exhaust on my '78 Z28 and I was taking this very cute girl home. She had a short dress on with a slit up the side. Wel,....I happened to be looking at her legs and didn't see the speed bump in fornt of her appartment. Needless to say, I wiped out part of my exhaust.

Joe

Last edited by jocatch; 09-10-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jocatch
This has been a great thread! I was going to go with FLowmasters but I see they drone alot. So they are out. Magaflows I don't think are much louder than stock. So now I am looking at the Roush system. I admit I am not very smart about Roush. Can someone tell me like the part number of them and can I order them thru Ford? What is the relationship with Roush and Ford? Lastly, is the ground clearence the same as stock?

The last question is serious. I once redid my exhaust on my '78 Z28 and I was taking this very cute girl home. She had a short dress on with a slit up the side. Wel,....I happened to be looking at her legs and didn't see the speed bump in fornt of her appartment. Needless to say, I wiped out part of my exhaust.

Joe
Roush Part # 420025.
your dealer can get them for cheaper then most online places. If they pass the savings on to you..is another story. Your ground clearance is not going to be worse. Roush is likely the closest to factory backed as you can get in an aftermarket company. They did hand over alot of CAD data to them before they gave it to anyone else in the industry as far as i know.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:10 AM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylpAEeiuD1M

here is a new driving video. Camera is poop and the lanyard was vibrating on the camera while it was wedged in the passenger headrest. Ill know better next time. I need to find my da'gone camcorder power cord...
your tahoe driver door was open. LOL I was trying to come up with a responce to this awesome vid other than sounds awesome (which it does).
Old 09-11-2009, 06:40 AM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rollin Thunder
your tahoe driver door was open. LOL I was trying to come up with a responce to this awesome vid other than sounds awesome (which it does).
what tahoe? I think you saw the surfboard bag that sitting in front of my LR3.

Last edited by Xcelsius; 09-11-2009 at 06:42 AM. Reason: added info
Old 09-11-2009, 09:21 AM
jocatch
2nd Gear Member

Xcelsius, thanks. We don't have too many Roush dealers here but I found one about 20 miles away who will sell me the set for $468, no shipping charge. And he will charge $75 to install. I asked him how loud he thought it was and he said he has a Roush 427 on the lot with the same exhaust and I can go down and take it for a test drive to determine how loud it is on the highway and around town!

I have to work today and Saturday so first thing Monday I am going to go see him and check it out!

Joe
Old 09-11-2009, 10:21 AM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jocatch
Xcelsius, thanks. We don't have too many Roush dealers here but I found one about 20 miles away who will sell me the set for $468, no shipping charge. And he will charge $75 to install. I asked him how loud he thought it was and he said he has a Roush 427 on the lot with the same exhaust and I can go down and take it for a test drive to determine how loud it is on the highway and around town!

I have to work today and Saturday so first thing Monday I am going to go see him and check it out!

Joe
you wont regret it, everywhere i go people have said it sounds mean. Everyone asks me what exhaust it is.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

what tahoe? I think you saw the surfboard bag that sitting in front of my LR3.
oh ok. It made the tail lights look like the gmt900 tahoe.

Quick Reply: So you want to install a Roush Exhaust...