Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion > 4.6L V8 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 07-16-2014, 11:07 AM   #121
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 GT

pm would not go through, check your account settings.

whats the question, i will try to answer
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
hammeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:17 PM   #122
05GT#

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang

Hammer, Thanks for replying I checked my account settings I did receive your message that your pm would not go through. Anyways from your posts I see you have moved well beyond your initial install of the the FRPP Whipple kit but that's where I'm at now. I have the FRPP Hot rod cams also. I'm going to be installing a Whipple kit on my 05. Were you able to use the tune that comes on the Procal tuner that you receive with the Whipple kit I saw in your posts that you had some drive-ability issues. But I could not determine if a custom tune or the FRPP tune straightened it out.
05GT# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:16 PM   #123
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Hi Gt05#, sorry for late reply!

to answer the question, you really do not want to run the pro cal whipple tune on your vehicle if it has non stock cams like the hot rods. it will start and seem to run ok, but what i found is it will occasionally just die when coming to a stop.

i got a brenspeed email tune to get me around and it is fantastic! i later got a dyno tune, but i occasionally go back to the brenspeed tune and it still works great.

i still have the whipple with hot rod cams and in the summer i put on the 12psi pulley and run my own tune (advantage 3 software).
Old 07-28-2014, 05:06 PM   #124
05GT#

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang

Thank's Hammer, I installed the Whipple kit this weekend. I loaded the whipple tune and started the car it hunted around a little and settled into a decent idle. I let it run about 15 min. bled coolant system no MIL lights. When I goose the throttle the car stumbles around doesn't take gas well and almost stalls coming back to idle. I just read your post now I also had a Breenspeed tune with the hot rods & loved it. I e-mailed them last month to inquire about a email tune & they said do not support email calibrations for Whipple Superchargers. They are not a Whipple dealer and do not do many cars in here with that supercharger installed according to Doug Lower from Breenspeed. They suggested I bring the car there for a dyno session which I would do but I would not trust the car for that drive from PA. Any how do you have any experience or knowledge of other shops that do email tunes. I am considering JDM, VMP, American Muscle.
05GT# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:36 PM   #125
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i would look at Jon Lund for an email tune. you can order a tune from him on the lethalperformance website. there are a few guys running whipples with hot rod cams and make very good power with the Lund tune.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:36 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
46, 46l, aluminator, assembly, enigne, failures, ford, forum, forums, hammer, horsepower, install, mustang, pics, support, valve, whipple