Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

ordered a new Roush exhaust today!! But now I have a question, the dealer brought up

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 04:49 PM
2010 desert mustang
1st Gear Member

Default ordered a new Roush exhaust today!! But now I have a question, the dealer brought up

So I went into the ford dealer today and ordered a new Roush exhaust system, it should be in and installed by next week. Yet the dealer tried to convice me into purchasing a roush intake as well.I told him about how K&N was gonna give me a free one after they found one more test car, so he is gonna send a test car there. But he still said to me that the intake could void warranty because it is not dealer installed? Is this true why would that matter if K&N should know intake systems better anyways...any input would be great thanks.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:53 PM
cidsamuth
2nd Gear Member

It's like most other modifications, just be prepared to put the original intake back on before you take the car in for service or warranty work.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:45 PM
notsofast
2nd Gear Member

They can't void the warranty, by law, unless the modification lead to the failure. And then, only the failure that is directly caused by the aftermarket part isn't covered - the rest of your warranty should still be in effect. None of this of course means the dealer won't be a d**k about the whole thing.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:51 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2010 desert mustang
So I went into the ford dealer today and ordered a new Roush exhaust system, it should be in and installed by next week. Yet the dealer tried to convice me into purchasing a roush intake as well.I told him about how K&N was gonna give me a free one after they found one more test car, so he is gonna send a test car there. But he still said to me that the intake could void warranty because it is not dealer installed? Is this true why would that matter if K&N should know intake systems better anyways...any input would be great thanks.
if it doens't need a tune, it can't void the warranty. plus Roush parts can be installed by any ASE certified mechanic if they carry a roush warranty. the dealer may try to tell you they have to install a blower for the warranty to be good for example, but they are just trying to scare you into paying them to do it.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:59 PM
notsofast
2nd Gear Member

You are gonna love that Roush exhaust.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:47 PM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by notsofast
You are gonna love that Roush exhaust.
Roush Exhaust + Underpass = Windows down even if its 30 degrees outside.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:39 AM
2010 desert mustang
1st Gear Member

haha YES I can't wait til that exhaust comes in, now my car is goin to sound as good as she looks!...and thanks i'll try to get the intake situation figured out somehow
Old 04-15-2010, 12:44 PM
GTI-Guy
2nd Gear Member

ShaneM ... u're car looks awesome.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:29 PM
papplesworth

Anyone have a sound clip/video of the stang with this exhaust? I just got a 2010 and find the exhaust a bit subdued coming from an SRT-4. I'd really like to find something similar, miss the burble on deceleration
Old 04-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by papplesworth
Anyone have a sound clip/video of the stang with this exhaust? I just got a 2010 and find the exhaust a bit subdued coming from an SRT-4. I'd really like to find something similar, miss the burble on deceleration
My car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylpAEeiuD1M

Quick Reply: ordered a new Roush exhaust today!! But now I have a question, the dealer brought up