Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Roush RH420023 M90 Supercharger Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

do the install yourself. the hardest part of the install is cutting the CMCV crap off and soldering 2 leads for the boost bypass valve on.
I did the install over a weekend in my driveway. my twins were 2 weeks old at the time so I had to stop every 2-3 hours to feed them. I've installed lift kits that were harder to do
once you get those 2 wires soldered, the rest is a simple remove and put new into place. Roush is extrememly quick getting the PCM back as well. i shipped mine out on a Saturday from HAWAII and it got back to me on Tuesday morning. They even called me up on Sunday and verified the info and made sure the Warranty stuff was filled out properly. If that ain't customer service, I don't know what is. That is 1 of the biggest reasons I am going to use the M90 blower again.

I know you guys are wanting to retain your warranty, but I highly suggest you get a tune on that motor. Just tuning alone will get you nearly +30 RWHP on the stock pulley. There is a ton of improvement to be made on the Roush tune. It kinda sucks IMO (aka extremely safe)

even if you don't touch the air/fuel parameters...get the boost bypass control tweaked. mine was set to shut at 70-80% throttle. moving that down to 20-30% would be more ideal IMO.

Last edited by Tylus; 05-30-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:34 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

btw, go here to find a local dealership

http://www.roushperformance.com/dealer_search.cgi
Old 05-30-2010, 03:36 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
435 at crank and about 380 whp there abouts. assuming you mean what it is rated for, if you mean what you can get out of it, you can get all the stock block will take in the 450whp and over range.
I want to get it up to around 550whp w/Brenspeeds 302...
Old 05-30-2010, 03:41 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

I didn't get a dyno, i have read a few places that the 427r's and m90 cars run 360~380 i think it was Wilkinda that watched one dyno when he had his done that was right in that range. i forget if it was a 5speed or auto car though.
Sounds about right. You really should go on a dyno just to verify air fuel ratio.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:58 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BruceH
Sounds about right. You really should go on a dyno just to verify air fuel ratio.
Yeah, honestly i didn't bother because this is the same tune Roush runs on all its 427r cars, they don't dyno each of them so it's very safe. Also, it's important to know there is no cutting on the kits for the 10's. it's all plug and play for the 10's no supplemental kits to buy or anything. And again, if you have a 10 and want the warranty you can't install yourself. Unless that is you are an ASE certified mechanic. Oh, and I will get a dyno tune as soon as the warranty expires along with a new pulley and a CAI. I have a goal of 450whp set, roush says 480 for stock block is max and i figure they would know.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:06 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

Also, it's important to know there is no cutting on the kits for the 10's. it's all plug and play for the 10's no supplemental kits to buy or anything.

And again, if you have a 10 and want the warranty you can't install yourself. Unless that is you are an ASE certified mechanic
good to hear they got rid of the cutting crap. was slightly annoying on an otherwise uneventful install.

as for the Warranty...I had it...and I did the install myself. I too thought the warranty would be voided, but even after I told them I did the work myself, they gave me it. Maybe I got lucky
Old 05-30-2010, 05:33 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus
good to hear they got rid of the cutting crap. was slightly annoying on an otherwise uneventful install.
you'd HATE the vortech V3 install.. 90% of the install is modifying bolts, cutting pipes, altering stock connections etc. Installing the blower was the easy part lol
Old 05-30-2010, 05:35 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

yeah...I was going to do the Vortec, but decided to go with what I know. the extra $400 for an intercooler is nice as well ($3,800 for vortec, $4,300 for roush)
Old 05-30-2010, 09:20 PM
f4ifrank
2nd Gear Member

Question, from looking at all the pics, it looks like you lose your strut brace. Doesn't that affect your handling a little?
Old 05-30-2010, 11:03 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

no. on a street car you will never see the kind of action that a STB will be usefull in. Only on a track. they look nice though.

and if you really want to keep the STB, you can install urethane motor mounts to improve performance and drop the motor about 1/2"...and then the blower + STB will fit fine.

although I've seen STB's with the Roush & E-force blower. so it may fit without the motor mount

Quick Reply: Roush RH420023 M90 Supercharger Kit