Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Roush RH420023 M90 Supercharger Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 09:10 AM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

Default Roush RH420023 M90 Supercharger Kit

Hi Guys,

I have seen some really nice prices on the Roush 2010 Mustang GT Supercharger Kit. So I am wanting to get one. But I do not want to install it myself. Just no time to do it.

Does anyone know of a good shop for an install that is familiar with the Roush product in my area? I am in the Inland Empire in California, but anyplace in Southern California would be fine. I could even shoot out to a close neighboring city to drop the car (perhaps Vegas or Phoenix) if needed. I notice most of the shops people talk about are out East which of course is way to far.

I am not interested in other supercharger options. I really want the Roush RH420023 M90 kit for the 2010 Mustang.

Thanks for your help!
Old 05-27-2010, 09:51 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

it's a nice kit and since you're set on getting it
i'm sure you'll be happy with it.

imo since this is such an easy, straight forward
installation, i would actually consider having a
local ford dealership do it.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:21 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

you could probaly do it on your day off from work if you wanted to. Looks like it pretty much just installs over where the stock intake manifold sits and relocating the alternator and modifying a few hoses...
Old 05-27-2010, 09:23 PM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

I am a little worried about screwing something up.......

I guess I could give it a shot though
Old 05-27-2010, 09:36 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

If the warranty matters, have the shop do it. Any ASE certifired mechinaic can do the install and you get to keep the warranty. My isntall cost $600, just be aware that you have to actualyl send the ECM to roush in a box they provide. Takes about two days to get it to them, programed, and sent back. not sure where you are buying your kit, Yates has it for $4300, that's where I got mine. You just can;t beat that price, i love my blower.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:44 PM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
If the warranty matters, have the shop do it. Any ASE certifired mechinaic can do the install and you get to keep the warranty. My isntall cost $600, just be aware that you have to actualyl send the ECM to roush in a box they provide. Takes about two days to get it to them, programed, and sent back. not sure where you are buying your kit, Yates has it for $4300, that's where I got mine. You just can;t beat that price, i love my blower.
Thanks for the reply.

Your blacked out grill looks wicked sick!!! I really like it on your car.

I will look for a good ASE shop to get the install done. I was going to buy from Yates or Blue Oval Ind. Both are $4,300 which is a really good price for the setup.

Can you give me an idea how the performance increase feels? Is it stronger on bottom, mid range, or across the whole range, etc? Is the feel of a hard pull a lot more or little, etc?

Thanks!
Old 05-28-2010, 10:35 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FastDEW
Can you give me an idea how the performance increase feels? Is it stronger on bottom, mid range, or across the whole range, etc? Is the feel of a hard pull a lot more or little, etc?

Thanks!
you won't be disappointed.

it'll be power right off idle and more than enough..

my Vortech makes power right around 2300 rpm and it pulls like a raped ape.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:57 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FastDEW
Thanks for the reply.

Your blacked out grill looks wicked sick!!! I really like it on your car.

I will look for a good ASE shop to get the install done. I was going to buy from Yates or Blue Oval Ind. Both are $4,300 which is a really good price for the setup.

Thanks!
People who say a tune and CAI is like a different car just haven't driven a blown car. It's more like I dropped off a V6 and picked up a GT. Power really comes on about 2800 to 3000. from there on it pulls like crazy. the car pulls harder in 5th gear than it did in 4th gear before. If you really get into the throttle from a stop the way the car accelerates is awesome. i can go from 60 in fourth to over a 100 so fast its just crazy. I put my foot in it the other day, dropped to 3rd trying to pass some grandpa and another car that wouldn't go around him doing about 40 in a 60. when i looked down i was doing 110 and it happened so fast i didn't even realize it. I'm talking in the space of maybe four cars.

the car pulls real well from a roll, but a good launch from a stop is just crazy. the thing i like is that once you get the hand of driving a m90 car putting the 380whp or so the kit puts out to the ground is very easy. No spin, no drama, it just goes. the *** drops, the front comes up and it's gone. i love the whine of the blower. i wish it was louder at idle, you can't even hear the blower sitting still. Pop the hood and you can hear the slightest whine. Put your foot in it and people for a block and a half will jump around trying to figure out what that sound is.

My car came with 3.73 gears, that helps for sure. not sure what you are running but with a 5speed, 3.73's and this blower i am almost always in the power band. the car pulls from 2500, but hit 3k - 3.5k and its a different beast altogether. Launch the car at 3K or so and you better be ready to shift, how fast the rpms and power builds is very impressive. i guess that's why it pulls so well in 5th, at 75 - 80 on the highway I am at 2500 to 2800 rpm with my gears and the car is ready to run. You won't be disappointed. And Yates and Blue oval are the same company. I ordered with yates, my credit card was charged by blue oval.

I went to the roush site and put in my zip code to find a local roush parts dealer and then called around and found the one with the best price. Like i said i paid $600, the highest estimate i had was $1200 and that included a dyno run/tune. A dyno tune voids the warranty. I didn't have the car dynoed, this is the same tune Roush uses on its 427r cars and is conservative. if you go with the canned tune, I see no need to get a dyno run unless you just want to. i see after looking your car and mine are almost the same performance gear wise, you should see just about the same performance i am getting.

Last edited by ShaneM; 05-28-2010 at 11:03 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:33 PM
f4ifrank
2nd Gear Member

I can't find yates website, have link?
Old 05-29-2010, 04:51 AM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hammeron
it's a nice kit and since you're set on getting it
i'm sure you'll be happy with it.

imo since this is such an easy, straight forward
installation, i would actually consider having a
local ford dealership do it.
That is what I am currently having done. The only thing with dealerships is they take their sweet *** time. I'm having the M90 installed with some sway bars, upper and lower control arms, and I'm having my gears swaped from 4.10 back to 3.55 and I'm still gonna get worked for $2,100 in labor. They said it might take 10 days for this stuff because of the turn around time on the PCM getting back from Roush.

Quick Reply: Roush RH420023 M90 Supercharger Kit