Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

anyone interested in a used Vortech V3 non-intercooled?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 01:08 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Default anyone interested in a used Vortech V3 non-intercooled?

Looking to sell my Vortech V3 self-lubricated non-intercooled kit from my 2008 Mustang GT (different years may need extra parts, not sure), sometime this mid Augest. Just want to see if there was any interest in this kit before hand... I'll use UPS for quicker delivery (quicker than Parcel post that is)

Old 06-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Never2mucHP
2nd Gear Member

I would be around mid august, depending on the price.....
Old 06-03-2010, 03:02 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

if you could list all the parts and the total price
i'll ask around.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:51 PM
replica
4th Gear Member

Price would be helpful.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:56 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

just send a blank check, he'll fill it in for you lol.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:33 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hammeron
if you could list all the parts and the total price
i'll ask around.
complete Vortech V3 Non-intercooled kit, BAP, Brisk one step colder spark plugs, FRPP injectors, supercharger unit, CAI/Elbow, thermostat housing upgrade+ O-ring, necessary hoses and bolts, bypass valve, 3 4 oz. supercharger lube and I'll even throw in the Vortech supercharged License plate lol

everything for $2,899 + whatever it costs to ship down there. Prefer PayPal.

Gonna enjoy it for a bit until Mid August, then it gets very chilly by then and I'll have to get rid of it.. I wish I had known about that damn winter warning that everyone else knew about before I did! Doh!

ARRGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! It sucks soooo bad that I have to get rid of it! But I cannot afford a winter beater, nor to take it on and off during the winter! It'll especially be a pain if I went intercooled and have to take everything off..

Last edited by stealth_GT; 06-03-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:10 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Might be selling it sooner to get a set of cams and lower control arms. I know it sounds like I am taking step backwards, but whats the point in keeping a kit I'll have to eventually replace??
Old 06-04-2010, 05:28 PM
cummins cowboy
2nd Gear Member

what is the winter warning??
Old 06-04-2010, 06:37 PM
bigray327
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
Might be selling it sooner to get a set of cams and lower control arms. I know it sounds like I am taking step backwards, but whats the point in keeping a kit I'll have to eventually replace??
Why do you think you'd have to eventually replace it?
Old 06-05-2010, 12:23 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cummins cowboy
what is the winter warning??
Nothing you all would have to worry about. You guys will worry more about heat soak, where as I'll have to worry about catastrophic failure, RIGHT AT START UP during the winter.. yes, it's rated at -25, but from what I have heard, it's usually 20 degrees cooler than that.

Originally Posted by bigray327
Why do you think you'd have to eventually replace it?
I wish I did not have to.. I found the warning at the bottom of the box, AFTER I had installed the supercharger.. too late, eh? lol

The cold weather warning does apply to both the engine oil fed units as well as the internally lubricated units. The main issue is not allowing the unit to be so cold at initial startup that problems occur. When cold weather issues do occur, they occur at the exact instant the unit is started up in a below freezing state. Therefore, if a heat source is provided to either prevent the unit from getting to that temperature, or the unit is brought up from the temperature prior to initial startup, then the longevity of the supercharger should be retained as normal. Is the vehicle garaged, or kept outdoors? This is a major determining factor to what steps may be required to keep everything safe and reliable. If garaged, all that may be required is to keep a small heat source (such as a shop light) on under the hood to keep the underhood temperature from dropping below acceptable temperatures. If the vehicle is not garaged, additional steps will be required such as a heating blanket or engine block heater. The engine oil fed blowers can be kept safe with the use of an engine block heater because the lubricating oil will be raised to acceptable temperature levels prior to vehicle ignition. On the self-lubricated blowers, a heating pad placed around the compressor for several minutes prior to ignition will do the job (or can be left overnight). I hope this information helps you to feel more comfortable with your Vortech purchase.

Thank You,

Brian Ellis
Viral Marketing & Social Media
Vortech Engineering, LLC
<http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/>

<http://vortechsuperchargers.wordpress.com/>

Quick Reply: anyone interested in a used Vortech V3 non-intercooled?