Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

wastegate for centrifugal supercharges !!!!!!!!

Old 06-05-2010, 10:47 PM
raywang5
2nd Gear Member

Default wastegate for centrifugal supercharges !!!!!!!!

vortech did this on their centrifugal supercharges, i wonder when paxton gonna do this.... this a good idea to have higher boost in low rpm range..
Old 06-05-2010, 11:17 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I thought the parts were interchangeable between vortech/paxton??
Old 06-06-2010, 01:27 PM
raywang5
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
I thought the parts were interchangeable between vortech/paxton??
really? cuzi i thought the inlet tubes are different.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:44 PM
RainsFather
1st Gear Member

A wastegate is used to dump expanding exhaust gasses before reaching a turbo to control boost level. Are you speaking of a blow-off valve? Also known as a dump or bypass valve. The non intercooled Paxton and Vortech kits have the same inlet tube and already have a bypass valve. The H.O. kits use different tube because of Paxton using an air to air intercooled and Vortech use an air to water. You could add an atmospheric blow-off valve for more noise but I would not recommend it since the maf sensor is before the blower and could cause all sorts of problems.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:02 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

There are some people that have put waste gates on centri blowers. Why? I don't know.

Most just go from a bypass to a BOV which will make a cool noise when you let off the gas. Any bypass can be replaced with a BOV. Just needs to be fabricated.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:13 PM
explict
4th Gear Member

Race-gate lol. Basically expells all that extra air you don't need in your cumbustion chambers!! Kind of like the opposite of a wastegate. It works down low instead of up high.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:27 PM
raywang5
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by RainsFather
A wastegate is used to dump expanding exhaust gasses before reaching a turbo to control boost level. Are you speaking of a blow-off valve? Also known as a dump or bypass valve. The non intercooled Paxton and Vortech kits have the same inlet tube and already have a bypass valve. The H.O. kits use different tube because of Paxton using an air to air intercooled and Vortech use an air to water. You could add an atmospheric blow-off valve for more noise but I would not recommend it since the maf sensor is before the blower and could cause all sorts of problems.
ye, i know, thats why i m asking, cuz my paxton novi come with 2 by pass valves, and vortech just intorduce their waste gate on the centri blower, i wonder if paxton can put it on their centri too??? cuz it will increase the torque at low rpm???? and vortech did a comparation with the twinscrew blower... if anyone interested go to their website, check it out.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:38 PM
RainsFather
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by raywang5
ye, i know, thats why i m asking, cuz my paxton novi come with 2 by pass valves, and vortech just intorduce their waste gate on the centri blower, i wonder if paxton can put it on their centri too??? cuz it will increase the torque at low rpm???? and vortech did a comparation with the twinscrew blower... if anyone interested go to their website, check it out.
Hmm, totally forgot about this discussion.

I actually found an article online recently that showed what you are talking about and it is a turbo wastegate on the pressure side of centuri blower. I see what they are trying to achieve but it's really an inefficient way of doing it. Say you have an 8psi kit, but you want 8psi from 2000rpms and up like a positive displacement blower. You put a wastegate and a 12+psi pulley on and use the wastegate to bleed off excess psi beyond 8, which will end up creating extra heat as well. In my view it seems only good to someone that bought a Paxton/vortech and had no idea what they were buying. Anyway, again , paxton and vortech are the same company. Their technical service phone numbers all go to the same people and their fax line is actually the same exact number. Both Paxton and votech kits for our cars have completely interchangeable parts. So yes, if it's available for vortech then there is a 99.999999999% chance they have it for Paxton as well. The only thing I've seen at all that was different between the two is that vortech now sells an eaton TVS positive displacement blower made of the same internals as the Roush TVS and edelbrock e-force. Though if you got one of their marketing people on the phone and asked nicely you could get a Paxton sticker for that as well.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:05 AM
raywang5
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by RainsFather
Hmm, totally forgot about this discussion.

I actually found an article online recently that showed what you are talking about and it is a turbo wastegate on the pressure side of centuri blower. I see what they are trying to achieve but it's really an inefficient way of doing it. Say you have an 8psi kit, but you want 8psi from 2000rpms and up like a positive displacement blower. You put a wastegate and a 12+psi pulley on and use the wastegate to bleed off excess psi beyond 8, which will end up creating extra heat as well. In my view it seems only good to someone that bought a Paxton/vortech and had no idea what they were buying. Anyway, again , paxton and vortech are the same company. Their technical service phone numbers all go to the same people and their fax line is actually the same exact number. Both Paxton and votech kits for our cars have completely interchangeable parts. So yes, if it's available for vortech then there is a 99.999999999% chance they have it for Paxton as well. The only thing I've seen at all that was different between the two is that vortech now sells an eaton TVS positive displacement blower made of the same internals as the Roush TVS and edelbrock e-force. Though if you got one of their marketing people on the phone and asked nicely you could get a Paxton sticker for that as well.
nice write man, i gotcha u..
Old 07-16-2010, 10:48 AM
bigray327
2nd Gear Member

I use a Mondo BOV. Way too loud for an anti-ricer like me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: wastegate for centrifugal supercharges !!!!!!!!