Search



Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion > 4.6L V8 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2010, 10:47 PM   #1
raywang5
2nd Gear Member

 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Vehicle: 2008 ford mustang GT
Location: Oregon
Posts: 311
Default wastegate for centrifugal supercharges !!!!!!!!

vortech did this on their centrifugal supercharges, i wonder when paxton gonna do this.... this a good idea to have higher boost in low rpm range..
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
raywang5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:17 PM   #2
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member
 
stealth_GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Charger RT AWD
Location: North Pole
Posts: 6,447
Default

I thought the parts were interchangeable between vortech/paxton??
__________________

13.3@102, stalled/tuned, 4685lbs.
stealth_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:27 PM   #3
raywang5
2nd Gear Member

 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Vehicle: 2008 ford mustang GT
Location: Oregon
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth_GT View Post
I thought the parts were interchangeable between vortech/paxton??
really? cuzi i thought the inlet tubes are different.
raywang5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:44 PM   #4
RainsFather
1st Gear Member
 
RainsFather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Vehicle: 07 GT
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 76
Default

A wastegate is used to dump expanding exhaust gasses before reaching a turbo to control boost level. Are you speaking of a blow-off valve? Also known as a dump or bypass valve. The non intercooled Paxton and Vortech kits have the same inlet tube and already have a bypass valve. The H.O. kits use different tube because of Paxton using an air to air intercooled and Vortech use an air to water. You could add an atmospheric blow-off valve for more noise but I would not recommend it since the maf sensor is before the blower and could cause all sorts of problems.
__________________

2007 Silver Mustang GT, FRPP CAI w/ Steeda inlet elbow, FRPP Lowering Springs,FRPP Hot Rod cams, FRPP (Hurst) Shifter, Pypes O/R X-pipe, Bamachips Tuned, Saleen CMDPs

2005 Suzuki Burgman 400 (custom turbo setup in the works)
RainsFather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:02 AM   #5
Simon1
5th Gear Member

 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 4,213
Default

There are some people that have put waste gates on centri blowers. Why? I don't know.

Most just go from a bypass to a BOV which will make a cool noise when you let off the gas. Any bypass can be replaced with a BOV. Just needs to be fabricated.
__________________
[IMG][/IMG]

Motor Built by ST Motorsports
Tuned By Tony at Tuners Inc

11.05@129
Simon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:13 PM   #6
explict
4th Gear Member

 
Join Date: May 2006
Vehicle: 07, Ford Mustang
Location: Fort Mcmurray, Ab
Posts: 1,126
Default

Race-gate lol. Basically expells all that extra air you don't need in your cumbustion chambers!! Kind of like the opposite of a wastegate. It works down low instead of up high.
__________________

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3192993
Whipple Crew Member
explict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:27 PM   #7
raywang5
2nd Gear Member

 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Vehicle: 2008 ford mustang GT
Location: Oregon
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainsFather View Post
A wastegate is used to dump expanding exhaust gasses before reaching a turbo to control boost level. Are you speaking of a blow-off valve? Also known as a dump or bypass valve. The non intercooled Paxton and Vortech kits have the same inlet tube and already have a bypass valve. The H.O. kits use different tube because of Paxton using an air to air intercooled and Vortech use an air to water. You could add an atmospheric blow-off valve for more noise but I would not recommend it since the maf sensor is before the blower and could cause all sorts of problems.
ye, i know, thats why i m asking, cuz my paxton novi come with 2 by pass valves, and vortech just intorduce their waste gate on the centri blower, i wonder if paxton can put it on their centri too??? cuz it will increase the torque at low rpm???? and vortech did a comparation with the twinscrew blower... if anyone interested go to their website, check it out.
raywang5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:38 PM   #8
RainsFather
1st Gear Member
 
RainsFather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Vehicle: 07 GT
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raywang5 View Post
ye, i know, thats why i m asking, cuz my paxton novi come with 2 by pass valves, and vortech just intorduce their waste gate on the centri blower, i wonder if paxton can put it on their centri too??? cuz it will increase the torque at low rpm???? and vortech did a comparation with the twinscrew blower... if anyone interested go to their website, check it out.
Hmm, totally forgot about this discussion.

I actually found an article online recently that showed what you are talking about and it is a turbo wastegate on the pressure side of centuri blower. I see what they are trying to achieve but it's really an inefficient way of doing it. Say you have an 8psi kit, but you want 8psi from 2000rpms and up like a positive displacement blower. You put a wastegate and a 12+psi pulley on and use the wastegate to bleed off excess psi beyond 8, which will end up creating extra heat as well. In my view it seems only good to someone that bought a Paxton/vortech and had no idea what they were buying. Anyway, again , paxton and vortech are the same company. Their technical service phone numbers all go to the same people and their fax line is actually the same exact number. Both Paxton and votech kits for our cars have completely interchangeable parts. So yes, if it's available for vortech then there is a 99.999999999% chance they have it for Paxton as well. The only thing I've seen at all that was different between the two is that vortech now sells an eaton TVS positive displacement blower made of the same internals as the Roush TVS and edelbrock e-force. Though if you got one of their marketing people on the phone and asked nicely you could get a Paxton sticker for that as well.
__________________

2007 Silver Mustang GT, FRPP CAI w/ Steeda inlet elbow, FRPP Lowering Springs,FRPP Hot Rod cams, FRPP (Hurst) Shifter, Pypes O/R X-pipe, Bamachips Tuned, Saleen CMDPs

2005 Suzuki Burgman 400 (custom turbo setup in the works)
RainsFather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:05 AM   #9
raywang5
2nd Gear Member

 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Vehicle: 2008 ford mustang GT
Location: Oregon
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainsFather View Post
Hmm, totally forgot about this discussion.

I actually found an article online recently that showed what you are talking about and it is a turbo wastegate on the pressure side of centuri blower. I see what they are trying to achieve but it's really an inefficient way of doing it. Say you have an 8psi kit, but you want 8psi from 2000rpms and up like a positive displacement blower. You put a wastegate and a 12+psi pulley on and use the wastegate to bleed off excess psi beyond 8, which will end up creating extra heat as well. In my view it seems only good to someone that bought a Paxton/vortech and had no idea what they were buying. Anyway, again , paxton and vortech are the same company. Their technical service phone numbers all go to the same people and their fax line is actually the same exact number. Both Paxton and votech kits for our cars have completely interchangeable parts. So yes, if it's available for vortech then there is a 99.999999999% chance they have it for Paxton as well. The only thing I've seen at all that was different between the two is that vortech now sells an eaton TVS positive displacement blower made of the same internals as the Roush TVS and edelbrock e-force. Though if you got one of their marketing people on the phone and asked nicely you could get a Paxton sticker for that as well.
nice write man, i gotcha u..
raywang5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:48 AM   #10
bigray327
2nd Gear Member
 
bigray327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 342
Default

I use a Mondo BOV. Way too loud for an anti-ricer like me.
__________________
2007 Mustang GT / Built short block / 555 rwhp and 518 ft-lbs / Vortech V2-Si at 16 psi / Paxton cooler / IW 10% OD crank / TR6060 / McLeod XRT and flywheel / 4.10s / Dual GT500 pumps / Steeda delete plates / Mac long tubes and Prochamber / Magnapacks / Spydershaft / Tokico D-specs / Roush springs / Steeda strut mounts / BMR LCAs / GMS UCA / Steeda panhard and brace / 14" Brembos / TCS auto-off / Nexus gauges / GTS-III hood / Drake hood pins / AVIC-D3 / Tuned by PSI Motorsports
bigray327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:48 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang




Paid Advertisement

 
 
 
Reply

Tags
air, blow, blower, bypass, centri, centrifugal, custom, gate, intercooler, noise, paxton, valve, vortech, waste, wastegate, water

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
New Sponsors
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 AM.

© Internet Brands, Inc.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company
Emails Backup