Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Anyone install a Powerhouse DS lately?? Need some help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Default Anyone install a Powerhouse DS lately?? Need some help!

While trying to install a used PH DS today and checking to see if someone might have their instructions laying around??

I have 2 questions... what mounting bolts are used for attaching the rear DS mount to the adapter plate and how do you figure out the right way to orient the adapter plate on the pinion flange to ensure you can line up your old marks??

Here's a pic of the adapter plate which helps explain my questions a bit better. I confirmed the DS mounting holes will only line up 2 ways on the adapter as 2 holes have a wider spread, which appears to make lining up my flange marks from the stock DS on the trans/pinion not very straight forward. Also found that 2 of the holes are straight through (size of the mounting bolts - left/right holes in the pic), 4 have recessed holes (which I assume is for mounting to the pinion flange with the 4 cap bolts that came with my DS) and 2 are fully threaded the same as the original mounting bolts (top and bottom in the pic). There appears to be distinct marks on the u-joint from 2 of the stock DS mounting bolts (assume this would be for the untapped holes), but not sure it is possible to use those same longer bolts in the threaded holes as there is just not enough room.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by Doogie65; 07-06-2010 at 06:39 PM.