Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

2007 gt issues!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 07:37 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

I have a feeling it's the CAI not having a tune. The dealership could of easily cleared the code and told you all was fine.

Did the car come with a tuner? Some people return the car to stock with aftermarket parts that still require a tune and then sell the tuner separately..

Otherwise check the fuel filter.. mine started to bog down at around 40k so it may need changing as well.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rebel_logan
the dealership said that it was running and working fine when i bought it
Dealerships don't make money by telling people that their cars run like crap. You need to get the car checked out by an experienced tuner and go from there.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

...what i mean by bog down is when i push in on the gas there is ahesitation and it sounds like its working extremely hard but not doing anything... it can happen when i am crusing in town in a low gear or on highway in 5th.. it even happend while cruz controle was set..
Ah, the plot thickens!

The part above that is in bold scares the crap out of me. When you say " it sounds like its working extremely hard but not doing anything" do you mean the engine RPM's wind up but the car doesn't respond? If so, it sounds like a tranny issue. I hope you don't mean that for real since I'd rather have a tune issue. And from the rest of your description it almost has me thinking your tranny is slippping big time.

Next time you buy used, have it checked out by a certified mechanic.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:22 AM
rebel_logan

its not a tranny issue bc the rpms go extremly low when this bogging down occurs.. it sounds like if it cant get enough gas and is about to die...
Old 01-14-2011, 09:32 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

its not a tranny issue bc the rpms go extremly low when this bogging down occurs.. it sounds like if it cant get enough gas and is about to die...
In that case, go back to those items I posted in #5 above.

Item #2 regarding the TCS may help. Turn it off manually. I had similar issues with going WOT and the RPM's simply dying for a second or so and then the engine winding up. As long as you're not getting a hesitation when accelerating after a continuous, steady highway cruise, I doubt it's the TSB for the fuel pump (but doesn't rule out a fule pump problem).

Clean the TB and replace the fuel filter (did we discuss that? I'm brain-dead).
Old 01-15-2011, 12:27 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

It's the tune. Your other O2 sensors were just fine.

Don't spend anymore more money on parts. Call bama or brenspeed or whoever and get a tuner. You will need to explain to them what's going on. There be some difficulty getting your car to except a tune from another handheld if you already have a tune on the car.

Don't buy anymore parts.

Or, go to new take offs.com and get a stock air box. Go back to the dealership and ask them to reflash your car with a stock calibration. Cheapest cure.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:07 AM
GTRaider
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1
It's the tune. Your other O2 sensors were just fine.

Don't spend anymore more money on parts. Call bama or brenspeed or whoever and get a tuner. You will need to explain to them what's going on. There be some difficulty getting your car to except a tune from another handheld if you already have a tune on the car.

Don't buy anymore parts.

Or, go to new take offs.com and get a stock air box. Go back to the dealership and ask them to reflash your car with a stock calibration. Cheapest cure.
This is the best advice I've seen in this thread! If you can find out who owned the car before you and talk to him - find out what he (sorry... or she) did to the car. Maybe he was a jerk to sell/trade the car in a modded state without the tuner or maybe the dealer just took the tuner to sell on E-Bay. But in the end, starting from scratch with a re-flash and the stock filter box is your best, and I think, only choice - unless you find that owner. Then you can start to make your own changes when you have the money.

I've kept all of my stock pieces to restore mine back if I decide to sell it sometime. If someone wants it as is, then they get the big box o'parts with the car.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:28 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTRaider
...I've kept all of my stock pieces to restore mine back if I decide to sell it sometime. If someone wants it as is, then they get the big box o'parts with the car.
Ditto.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:48 PM
rebel_logan

Thanks alot guys this helps I'm trying the tcs off and I am planning on taking the intake back to stock intake and working up from there! Thanks
Old 01-15-2011, 07:13 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

When you put the stock intake on, be sure to disconnect the battery for 20 minutes or more to reset the adaptive learning. You'll probably have some minor driveability issues, primarily idle hunting, until it relearns some data. Usually takes a few miles of driving IF it happens.

Quick Reply: 2007 gt issues!