Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Need Help!! 2007 GT Rotrex Supercharger issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 07:53 PM
Blugtconvert

Default Need Help!! 2007 GT Rotrex Supercharger issue

Hi, I have a 2007 Mustang GT convertible. Last year I installed a rotrex supercharger system. You can see everthing that comes with the system from www.forcedair performance.com. I have it set at a conservative 7.5 psi boost and it screams. The issue is, about a month ago, for no apparent reason, I started having an issue at higher RPM. From idle to 4500 it's great, but above 4500 its starts to miss and cut out, much like when the traction control is on(no its not on). I have checked everything and its seems to be fine. Due to the miss it only gets to about 5 psi boost and my gas mileage sucks. The only thing I can find is, 1. when you shut the car off, the fuel pressure will bleed down to 0 over 15-30 minutes. Leaking injector?? Is it supposed to do this or hold pressure. 2. Sometimes I get a code 175 and 176 (Fuel to rich bank A and Bank B). This has happened a few times since it was installed (10K miles ago). I would just clear the codes with the SCT tuner and they wouldn't come back on. I have also checked the idler pulleys and changed the belt. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Lastly, I heard there is a shop in North Milwaukee wisconsin on Hubertus avenue or street ?? and the guy use to work at ford and is excellent when it comes to tuning a mustang. Anyone know the name of the shop?
Thanks
Neal
Old 01-29-2011, 01:22 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

do you have aftermarket COPs?
Old 01-29-2011, 02:41 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

It should hold pressure!,could be the pump,fuel pressure reg,or injector.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:22 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by charliebrown266
It should hold pressure!,could be the pump,fuel pressure reg,or injector.
It doesn't hold pressure very long. It will immediately build pressure as soon as the pump turns itself back on.

You should not be getting those codes. That basically means your fuel trims are off and need to be adjusted. Once the PCM trys to compensate for the fuel trim error, it will sometimes go very rich in a protection mode. It will have all sorts of side effects inculding load on motor, therefore boost issues.

The second posibility is a vacuum leak somewhere or unmettered air getting in or metered air escaping.

I would lean towards tuning. The code comes up for a reason.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:43 PM
Blugtconvert

Hi,
What is COP's
Old 01-29-2011, 11:52 PM
Blugtconvert

Thanks for the information. I changed the oil today and Marked the harmonic balancer and the blower pulley. I took it out and once up to 4500 it started again. I matched up the marks on the blower pulley to the belt and the marks on the Balancer to the belt did not match. The marks on the balancer were 90 degrees off from the marks on the belt. I assume that the higher I go in RPM, the more strain on the belt which could cause slippage.
Charlie, Brown, Could the belt slipping cause the trim code errors? I replaced the belt two weeks ago. I am going to pick up a tensioner tomorrow and see what that does.
Thank again for your help.
Neal
Old 01-30-2011, 03:10 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

looks more like an AC compressor than a supercharger.. any pics of the kit on the car??

Sounds interesting..
Old 01-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Blugtconvert

Hi,
I added a pic of the system in the car. Its definitely putting 10 lbs of !@#$ in a 5 lb bag. Its supposed to be very efficient at low end and top end.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:29 PM
ziperhead
2nd Gear Member

I would pull a spark plug or two and see how they look.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:36 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh1o9275VyM

That is a very interesting looking set up..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xocq...eature=related

not bad.

Last edited by stealth_GT; 01-30-2011 at 08:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Need Help!! 2007 GT Rotrex Supercharger issue