Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

cams=little or no lope

Old 04-20-2011, 06:57 PM
mailthekid

Default cams=little or no lope

got my Detroit Rockers installed......and little to no lope.could it be the tune or exhaust set up?I have catted x pipe with shorty headers,and Pypes violator mufflers.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:30 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

I think Brenspeed sets the idle at 850 RPMs. To get the lopey idle, simply change the idle to 750 RPMs in the SCT tuner.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:00 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

I have the Detroit Rockers and I had researched what axleback was best for cams and found many liked the flowmasters. So i installed an H Pipe with the flowmasters and let me tell you it was great sounding at idle. I had alot of people that would just stare or ask me about it. However the trumpeting of the exhaust was something I was not willing to live with. So I installed High flow cats and that has since cleaned up my exhuast and my idle isnt as lopey but still nice. I still get the stares from people after a movie or dinner so im good with that.

I might add that if your looking for that old school lope i think its hard to achieve that without making the car a pain in the *** to drive daily
Old 04-20-2011, 10:14 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I want the lope so strong, it loosens my bowels and makes me want to DIAF.. in traffic.. daily
Old 04-21-2011, 02:40 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
I have the Detroit Rockers and I had researched what axleback was best for cams and found many liked the flowmasters. So i installed an H Pipe with the flowmasters and let me tell you it was great sounding at idle.
Likewise. With longtubes, h pipe and flowmasters the tone was incredible but the trumpeting was silly. So I installed some pypes m80s before the over axle pipes and that cleaned it up.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:03 AM
mailthekid

Which idle do I change?the drive or neutral on the tuner,or both.both were set on 775
Old 04-21-2011, 10:54 AM
gman73
5th Gear Member

750 to 775 is the ideal range. It could be your exhaust set-up. I believe an h-pipe would sound better with the violators or use a straight thru bullet type axleback like magnapacks or stingers with your x pipe.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:14 AM
jwharton
2nd Gear Member

I have my idle set at 750 and have stock manifolds, stock H with cats, M80's and then cat back Macs and I love the sound. The lope is definitely there and I can watch my shaker jump all over at idle. I tried the offroad H and it was way too loud and trumpeted bad, that is when I added the M-80's but it was stil too trumpety for me, so I put the stock catted H back in. I want headers bad but am afraid it will be too loud if I put them on. Chambered mufflers definitely sound the best with cams.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:09 PM
07 GT E UPP
3rd Gear Member

Well, let me tell ya that Long Tubes, High Flow Catted H-Pipe, Borla's, and lopey
HotRod cams produce an absolutely amazing sound !!!!
Old 04-21-2011, 08:08 PM
madmann26
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
I want the lope so strong, it loosens my bowels and makes me want to DIAF.. in traffic.. daily
My ford racing cams shake the entire car @ idle.

^^ Is that what you mean :P

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: cams=little or no lope