Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

4.10 (bully mode) install with brenspeed scheduled...what to expect?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 07:21 PM
05SatinSilverGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
depends on what they quoted but if you dont have it in your quote and your not supplying it chances they will charge u for what they use. I think they Royal Purple
They quoted me $500. I figured they'd use/carry RP but if it's not included in the quote they gave me then i'll just pick up some Motorcraft from the dealer (since i'm overcautious & i'll be changing it once the break in period is over anyway).

Last edited by 05SatinSilverGT; 07-26-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:45 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

They do a great job there I had no issues at all. What part of indiana are u from. I live about 20 minutes west of indy
Old 07-26-2011, 08:59 PM
05SatinSilverGT
2nd Gear Member

Right now i'm staying in Warsaw, only about a 20 minute drive from Brenspeed so I lucked out there.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:40 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

[QUOTE=05SatinSilverGT;7632882]Right now i'm staying in Warsaw, only about a 20 minute drive from Brenspeed so I lucked out there.[/QUOTE

Im from the area my parents live out by barbee lake in the country off old U.S. 30. So when I take my car up there I generally hang out with my dad who is retired. And its only a bit over two hours to drive up there so not a big deal. I remember back when i got on the forum and people were talking about brenspeed and how good they were. I was thinking hell they are probably in florida or something but no they are in my back yard.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:58 AM
chaoscentral
2nd Gear Member

My 4.10s are going in as we speak :-) the suspense is killing me :-D Can't wait to go pick her up tonight, gonna try my hardest to keep my foot out of it until I hit atleast 150 miles.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:42 PM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by chaoscentral
My 4.10s are going in as we speak :-) the suspense is killing me :-D Can't wait to go pick her up tonight, gonna try my hardest to keep my foot out of it until I hit atleast 150 miles.
Sweet...Give me the full lowdown when you can chaos!
Old 07-27-2011, 10:17 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

if you manually shift your auto trans in day to day driving, it's going to REALLY wake it up.

I manually shift from time to time just to hold the gears a little longer, and it feels very responsive compared to the 3.31's. Of course a lot of it has to do with the Vortech lulz
Old 07-28-2011, 08:19 AM
chaoscentral
2nd Gear Member

well just got back from picking the car up, 2 things I have noticed so far, well 3 I guess lol.

1. Very little to no gear whine with the Royal Purple 75W140 Gear Oil
2. Much nicer acceleration, car definitely seems like its easier to start moving :-D
3. My City MPG has seemed to increase after reflashing for the correct gear ratio, verified correct speedo and mileage indicator with a GPS. I went from about barely 18MPG city driving to an easy 21MPG, although I bet my highway is worse which would be a somewhat fair trade off.

All in all very happy so far, and for a $200 installation the price couldn't be beat lol. But I'm still taking her a bit easy until I hit that 500 mile mark then I'm going to give her a bit of the ol right foot.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:21 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by chaoscentral
well just got back from picking the car up, 2 things I have noticed so far, well 3 I guess lol.

1. Very little to no gear whine with the Royal Purple 75W140 Gear Oil
2. Much nicer acceleration, car definitely seems like its easier to start moving :-D
3. My City MPG has seemed to increase after reflashing for the correct gear ratio, verified correct speedo and mileage indicator with a GPS. I went from about barely 18MPG city driving to an easy 21MPG, although I bet my highway is worse which would be a somewhat fair trade off.

All in all very happy so far, and for a $200 installation the price couldn't be beat lol. But I'm still taking her a bit easy until I hit that 500 mile mark then I'm going to give her a bit of the ol right foot.
Glad u got the gears installed and are happy. How did you get the 200 installion price. I see the other guy was quoted 500. Were they having a special on gear installs or something
Old 07-28-2011, 07:34 PM
05SatinSilverGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05SatinSilverGT
They quoted me $500. I figured they'd use/carry RP but if it's not included in the quote they gave me then i'll just pick up some Motorcraft from the dealer (since i'm overcautious & i'll be changing it once the break in period is over anyway).
Well, the gear oil isn't included in the quote BUT after picking up 3 quarts of Motorcraft/bottle of friction modifier for 60 bucks, I emailed Chandler & he said I could get 3 quarts of 75W140 RP for 45 & change, so looks like i'm returning the MC & buying the RP from them. Still 6 more days to go, i'm pretty sure I won't make it there in 1 piece if I keep reminding my gf about it every 15 minutes.

Quick Reply: 4.10 (bully mode) install with brenspeed scheduled...what to expect?